Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Valentine Pizza and "chock-lit"

Inspired by Jess of "Get Sconed!" and her heart-shaped vegan shortbread Valentine's cookies, I decided to make a heart-shaped pizza for dinner. My pizza was not vegan, but it was vegetarian (and yummy). I tried out some veggie pepperoni for the first time and, while I didn't like eating it right out of the package, it was pretty good on the pizza. In addition to the veggie pepperoni, I also put on shredded carrots, red swiss chard, tomato sauce and monterrey jack cheese. It was quite a tasty dinner. :)

The heart-shaped dough:


With the veggie pepperoni:


Topped with all the fixins and ready to bake:


The finished pizza, hot out of the oven:


Recalling my disappointment last Valentine's day when all Jody got me was a card, this year he got me a card AND a box of Belgian chocolates. :) I was a happy girl. Chocolate (in any form) really is the key to my heart. I think it's the key to Ava's too. We let her have a few bites and soon after she said, "more chock-lit?"

After our feast of heart-shaped pizza and "chock-lit," Jody and I watched Saving Face tonight. IMDB description: "A Chinese-American lesbian and her traditionalist mother are reluctant to go public with secret loves that clash against cultural expectations." And one reviewer on Netflix said, "It's a story of the relationship between a mother and daughter, and their search for love in the face of family and societial expectations." I liked it. It was quite good and different from the norm.

Hope everyone had a nice Valentine's day. :)

3 Comments:

At 2/15/2006 8:58 AM, Blogger Amy T said...

That heart pizza is so cool! And points for Jody getting you BELGIAN chocolate! YUMMY!

 
At 2/15/2006 11:26 AM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

Happy V-Day!

 
At 2/16/2006 5:00 PM, Blogger jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

That is beautiful! Much more excited than my valentine's day dinner (whole wheat ziti and asaragus). And monteray jack -so good - great choice for the pizza!
Do you have a dough recipe to share? ; )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home