Monday, February 06, 2006

Cool word cloud t-shirt and another update


This site is so cool. It will generate a word cloud directly from your blog. Then you can customize it to make it exactly how you want. I love what it came up with for mine and I only made a couple minor changes. I'm tempted to buy a shirt. ;)

-------------------------------------------------------

In Ava news - I'm starting to think she didn't have food poisoning at all (maybe I didn't either and I owe tempeh an apology??). But it really sounds like rotavirus (based on what I've read on askdrsears.com).
Rotavirus – one of the most common causes of diarrhea, especially during late fall and winter months. It causes very foul smelling, watery, green or brown diarrhea that can persist for weeks. Fever and vomiting are common at the onset of the illness.
The son of one of our friends had it and, though we weren't around them at all recently, it may just be going around. Her diarrhea is not letting up yet and she's eating very litte (though definitely keeping hydrated). I hope it doesn't last too much longer. I'm very tempted to go buy some disposable diapers to get us through this. I'm a die-hard cloth diaperer, but even I have my limits. ;)

5 Comments:

At 2/06/2006 3:22 PM, Blogger Isil Simsek said...

Bananas are good against diarrhea ;),if Ava loves them.

 
At 2/06/2006 4:12 PM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

isil - thanks. she had some of a banana, strawberry, soymilk, yogurt smoothie yesterday and today. we're out of bananas now though so i need to make a trip to the store.

 
At 2/06/2006 6:19 PM, Blogger Nelly said...

I don't know about soy stuff or if the yogurt smoothie you gave her had any dairy in it, but dairy is the worst thing for diarrhea.

 
At 2/06/2006 7:09 PM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

nelly - thanks for the heads-up. i know dairy is bad for it, but i've also read that yogurt is helpful because of the live cultures. so i'm not sure if it's just milk that's bad for it or yogurt as well. i'll have to chk.

nino - i hope that's not what your niece has. it's no fun.
and thanks. :) i had jody pick up some diaps after he got home from work tonight (as well as more bananas).

 
At 2/06/2006 11:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that you are all sick. Hopefully, this will clear up soon. I wish I had some good advice. Have you tried homeopathy?

As for the word cloud. Boy that one moved through the blogospere quickly. I posted mine a couple of days ago, too. It's fun to see what comes up. I'm seriously considering a shirt, as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home