Thursday, February 09, 2006

Good news about the gas co., Ava, etc.

I'm full of good news today. :)

First off, I got an email from someone at Xcel Energy to apologize that nobody filled me in on what was going on with my account (despite the fact that I was emailing back and forth with one of their "customer service" people who never bothered to bring this up). He said that while our averaged monthly bill has gone up, it's only gone up $10/month!! The big bill we just had was the reconciling at the end of the year (which I was aware of), but our next bill should only be for $10 more than what we were paying last year. This, of course, wasn't noted on our last bill so I had no idea! The only amount on there seemed to indicate that our monthly bill had gone up over $100. So what a relief that was!!
I guess we can stop scrimping on our heat quite as much now. Good thing too cuz I've been freezing and it's supposed to be a cold, snowy weekend around here.

In other news, Ava seems to be doing much better, don't ya think? ;) (I took these pics today as she tore up the livingroom - the kid went from one kind of the "runs" to another ;) - and then we played a little dress-up - for mommy's benefit.) The diarrhea finally stopped after what seemed like ages, though it was really only about four days. And today she got her appetite back. Yay!





And lastly, Jody's birthday is tomorrow. He has to work so we don't have big plans for the day, but I got him a few presents (or I'm just saying that so he'll think I did) and we will probably go out to eat on Saturday as well as pick up a cheesecake for dessert from The Cheesecake Factory. Yummy!

In food news, I made a couple new dishes this week - roasted carrot pasta and fettucine with a tomato, artichoke, tempeh sauce (yes, I'm giving tempeh another chance). The tomato/artichoke/tempeh thing I threw together tonight off the cuff and it actually was really good. I'll post the recipes and pics this weekend.

11 Comments:

At 2/09/2006 9:56 PM, Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

So glad she (and you?) is feeling better! What adorable photos.

 
At 2/09/2006 11:49 PM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

Purple K - Yes, I guess I forgot to mention that I'm doing much better too. :) Thx for thinking of me.

 
At 2/10/2006 12:27 AM, Blogger Ms. Doe said...

First off, it looks like Ava is doing the makerena (sp?).

Secondly, you have the cleanest house I've ever seen, considering you have a toddler. I'm so jelous!

I love Ava's dress up pics! I just want to give her a hug!

Um, and you're going to the Cheesecake Factory!!?? What time is dessert? ;)

 
At 2/10/2006 1:09 AM, Blogger gosonja said...

So glad to hear the two of you are recovering. It's so hard to see your little one sick! She has such a wonderful spirit and your photos of her really show it.

 
At 2/10/2006 4:56 AM, Blogger Nelly said...

Happy Birthday Jody! I hope you guys have fun celebrating even if it is only a party of 3!

Ava is adorable as usual! What cute pictures!

 
At 2/10/2006 8:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, she is such a little flirt - so darn cute! I love the ones where she looks like she is dancing.

That's so awesome to hear about the gas company. Too bad that their customer service sucks, but at least you have one less thing to worry about now, huh? Yay!

 
At 2/10/2006 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad you guys are feeling better. I think what ever it was has been going around this area, everyone over here was sick too :(

Those pics are too cute! And I agree with the clean house with a toddler comment, ohmygosh, my house is a disaster area compared to yours :)

I made an incredible black bean soup last night and thought of you. The kids even had seconds and that is totally not them when I make soup :)

Overuse of smiles anyone? :)

 
At 2/10/2006 2:09 PM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

Tiffiny - You are my motivation for going to Cheesecake Factory. :) All that talk about them on your blog inspired me to suggest it to Jody.

As for my house being clean. LOL I have to admit it looked pretty good in those pics but that's only because Ava hadn't yet pulled out every toy she owns (and then some). Every night the livingroom is trashed.

Sonja and Nelly - Thank you. :)

Miriam - She was actually running across the livingroom. And yes, she's always been a big flirt.

Dawn - Sorry to hear you've all been sick too. It's the worst.
I'd love your soup recipe if you have a chance. :) Smile all you want. I could use some extra smiles today. :) :) :)

 
At 2/10/2006 2:10 PM, Blogger Isil Simsek said...

I'm happy for you about all the good news. Ava is such a cute girl!

 
At 2/10/2006 3:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

posted it on my blog Amy, for when you are feeling better :)

It calls for ham in it, but you could totally not add that and it would be veggie.

:)

 
At 2/10/2006 11:07 PM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

Isil - Thank you. :)

Dawn - Sounds good. I'll chk it out soon.

Gina - Thx! Hope you continue to stay well.

Nino - Thank you. :) You and me both!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home