Sunday, February 12, 2006

Tomato artichoke tempeh sauce - recipe

I had no idea what I was going to make for dinner last Thursday. I had some tempeh that I wanted to use, but wasn't sure how to prepare it. After looking through the cupboards, I decided to throw this sauce together, totally unsure about how it would turn out. It was actually quite tasty and I think I'll make it again sometime.
Here's roughly what I did.

Tomato artichoke tempeh sauce with fettucine

Saute 3 cloves minced garlic in 2T olive oil.
Stir in cut up tempeh and saute until golden brown.
Add in 1 14 oz. can of quartered artichoke hearts (chopped up).
Add in 1 28 oz. can or organic ground peeled tomatoes.
Add in 2 T dried basil.
Cook until heated through.
Meanwhile, prepare fettucine (or other pasta) according to package directions.
Top pasta with sauce and serve.


7 Comments:

At 2/13/2006 4:08 AM, Blogger Isil Simsek said...

Lots of tomatoes and lots of artichokes. Looks tasty!Hope you're well.

 
At 2/13/2006 8:29 AM, Blogger Amy T said...

That looks delicious! I'd put some parmesan cheese on the top of mine. :) (I'm a droolin' fool for cheese)

 
At 2/13/2006 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum! I'll have to try this out sometime. Thanks!

 
At 2/13/2006 7:48 PM, Blogger jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

oo I wish I had a taste for artichokes!
I've never tried tempeh with pasta and wanted to a long time ago..hmm..sounds great! Do you think it would still be tasty sans artichokes?

 
At 2/13/2006 9:25 PM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

Glad some of you think it looks good. I was wondering if everyone would be like - what the heck was she thinking?! hehe.

Isil - Yes, I seem to finally be better. :)

Amy - I think the cheese would be good on top, but I had it w/o and I still enjoyed it.

Rowan - No prob. Let me know how you like it.

Jess - I think it would still be tasty w/o the artichokes, but I really them in it.

 
At 2/14/2006 9:03 PM, Blogger Sara said...

Hi, I'm not sure how I got to your blog but I really like it. I made the Hummus you made the other day and it was good. This dish looks really good but I don't know if I can find tempeh where I live.

 
At 2/15/2006 12:43 PM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

hey sara, thanks for stopping by. :) glad you liked the hummus. you can probably find tempeh at your local grocery store. just look in the refrigerated section by the tofu. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home