Friday, February 03, 2006

Quick update on the lil miss

Poor Ava had a very rough night. She threw up somewhere in the range of 15 to 20 times from 7 p.m. last night until 5 a.m. this morning. I felt so bad for her. :( All I could do was hold her little body and try to comfort her as she heaved over and over again. :( She couldn't keep anything down, not even breastmilk.

She woke up around 5 a.m. and asked for some water. I knew she had to be really thirsty, but told her to take small sips because I didn't want to overwhelm her stomach. So she'd take a sip and hand me the cup, several times. Such a good little girl. And she kept it down. Yay!

She then had some "na-na" (breastmilk) and later more water and then more na-na throughout the day and hasn't thrown up again since. What a relief. :)

I'm not too worried about her not eating until she feels ready for it, so I'm not going to push food.

While she's not puking anymore, she's obviously really wiped out and has been sleeping on my lap most of the afternoon.

In the midst of the evening last night, before we went to bed, she and I were just laying on the bed looking at each other and I felt a rush of overwhelming love for her. I can't quite explain it but even though I knew we had a rough night ahead of us and I wouldn't be sleeping much at all, I just felt so much in love with her and so in love with being a mom. I truly can't imagine what my life would be like without her. And it's hard to remember a time when she wasn't around.

Thanks so much for all of your kind words and thinking of us. Hopefully she will be back to 100% (or close) by tomorrow.

6 Comments:

At 2/03/2006 5:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ack! I'm so sorry your family had to go through this. Poor Ava. Poor you. Bad tempeh! :(

I've actually never had tempeh - your story will keep me away from it!

I wish you all a very quick recovery.

 
At 2/03/2006 11:35 PM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

Miriam - Thank you. I'm starting to wonder if maybe this is more of a stomach virus now cuz Ava is still not well. She's been sleeping pretty much all day and is very much not herself. Hopefully it won't last too much longer. I hate seeing her feeling so crummy.
And yeah, beware of the tempeh. ;)

 
At 2/04/2006 8:02 AM, Blogger Nelly said...

Isn't love amazing? It is so powerful. As I sit here reading your feelings, I look at my two little people playing on the floor and couldn't help but shed a tear. I could not go on without them. I'm sorry Ava had such a horrible night, but she'll be like a whole new kid today! Hugs!

 
At 2/06/2006 1:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She hope you two will be all better soon!
Not to speak of food..but I can't wait to try your hummus recipe when you have time to post.

And a quick photo question, since you are a photo genius. The last photo you posted of Ava, were you using lighting, or just available light? Was that a black backdrop? Your photos are just so stunning, and I have so much to learn, despite poring over the ILP site for what feels like hours!

Thank you!
Anna

 
At 2/06/2006 2:41 PM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

nelly - yes, it truly is amazing. :)

nino - it's funny how in the midst of them being so sick, we can realize what special blessings they really are.

anna - thank you. i hope to post that recipe soon!
as for your photo questions:
it was taken with natural light only (in front of our sliding glass door). ava was sitting in her booster seat which has a navy blue towel under it (draped over the chair). i burned the towel in photoshop to make it look black.
you can learn so much on ILP. i love that site.
thanks for the compliments. :)

 
At 2/09/2006 5:11 PM, Blogger halloweenlover said...

She is such a sweetpea. I love the description of your wave of love. I'm so happy for you and your sweet girl.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home