Tuesday, December 20, 2005

'Twas the week before Christmas

And all through the house...

Wait, do you really expect me to come up with a poem here? Sorry to disappoint, but alas, I am not. :oP

I seem to have caught whatever the little miss has. My throat hurts, I've been sneezing, my voice sounds deeper (and sexier?) and my head is stuffy. At least I have the ability to blow my nose and clear the mucus out, unlike my poor lil dd, so I don't think I'll get it as bad as she has.

She is doing a bit better today. The mornings are the worst for her though. She coughs and coughs until she throws up. :(

She's starting to express a bit of an interest in food again. She ate about 12 grapes, 1 Ting, a couple bites of O cereal and a bite of a noodle so far today. That's a big improvement over yesterday when all she had were a few grapes. It's times like these that I'm so thankful she's still nursing, especially when she wouldn't drink hardly anything yesterday. I tried different cups, different things to drink - she just wasn't interested. I finally got her to drink some chocolate rice milk (thought that might be a special enough treat for her to get some other liquids in her). I'm watching her diapers closely. She definitely isn't having the output that she normally has, but she's still wetting diapers so I'm not worried about dehydration.

At the moment she's down for a nap now and I'm thinking about joining her, but thought I'd post a little catch up blog entry first.

Jody and I have agreed (for the sake of conserving money) not to buy anything for each other for Christmas this year. It's hard because I'd really like to buy him something, but having a sick kid in the house makes it easier to keep out of the stores. Of course, there's always online ordering, but I figure anything I got at this point wouldn't make it here in time for Christmas anyway. Bah-humbug.

Our ebay auction on the timeshare ended yesterday. It sold for a whopping $765, less than 10% of what we originally paid for it. Isn't that sad??! But at least we will be completely rid of the thing soon. No more maintenance fees! Woohoo!! :) Now I'm just crossing my fingers that we get the money and the deed transfer goes through ok.

Since I'm on the advisory committee and had volunteered to take free family portraits for some families, I went to the Cherished Children holiday party on Sunday by myself. I was bummed to leave Ava and Jody at home, but she was way too sick to go out and I didn't want to expose all the other kiddies to her crud.

The party had a nice turnout - 10 families in all. I took pictures for four of them. The lighting posed some problems for me, but I'm happy enough with how they turned out. I'll be giving each family a free 5x7. I got to use my Silverlake backdrop for the first time (other than for my family) and try out my new reflector. :) Pretty spiffy.

OK, think I'm going to either go wrap Ava's presents or go lie down - or both. Cheers.

8 Comments:

At 12/20/2005 5:48 PM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

Congrats on the sale of the timeshare, and I hope the albatross leaves your possession post haste.

I'm sorry your have the Phoebe sexy voice--only because it means you are sick *but if you can keep it after, cool beans.

And I'm glad Ava is feeling better. It is always times for Tings.

SOS and I are doing the same no-gifting this year. But the giving to the kids is a fun re-focus.

 
At 12/20/2005 7:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

bummer. sorry you are sick too :(
its tough when our lil ones get the "sickies" as Elliana calls them, the last cold she had- I was so glad she still nurses because thats all she wanted to do was nurse.


glad your time share sold, too bad it wasn't for as much as you would have liked :(

 
At 12/20/2005 8:46 PM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

r2ks - thanks. we're somewhat leary of the ebay buyer. i just hope it all goes through ok so we can put it behind us.
we just discovered Tings a cpl days ago. what a yummy lil snack. :)

dawn - thank you. i am hoping this cold won't last too long.
no worries about the timeshare - at least we'll be done w/ it (as long as everything goes ahead as planned). i really didn't expect to get very much $ anyway.

 
At 12/21/2005 6:34 AM, Blogger Nelly said...

I'm with ya on the sexy voice thing...ugh...it is such a drag!

Me and the hub haven't exchanged gifts in like 4 years. We never have the money to spend on ourselves, and the kids are what are important anyway.

My little one used to get colds like that where she would wake up in the morning and cough until she puked! It was horrible. She did this for quite a long time. (I'm sure you remember all the crap she went through as a baby). She is still taking Singular Granules every night and she hasn't had that kind of cold/cough in months! She never got rid of it before she started taking this stuff. It was a blessing! I hope dd gets better really soon!

 
At 12/21/2005 7:16 AM, Blogger Ms. Doe said...

I really hope you feel better soon!!! I know how awful it feels. Hey, what are tings?

 
At 12/21/2005 8:31 AM, Blogger Amy T said...

Yeah, what are tings? I've never heard of them.

I'm sure sorry you and lil Ava are sick. Have you tried taking loads of vitamin C? If you take a couple thousand milligrams during your cold, it will kick it out of your system. Hopefully some of the vitamin will get into your milk and help your Ava get better. Try it out! :)

 
At 12/21/2005 11:03 AM, Blogger halloweenlover said...

I hope you and Ava are feeling better asap! And that Jody doesn't catch anything!

I am making coupons for Josh, like coupon for a massage, breakfast in bed, sexual favors ; ), you could make those and they are free of charge!

Hope you have a great holiday!

 
At 12/21/2005 10:45 PM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

thanks for all the well wishes.

nelly, i remember how sick your dd was. :( i can't imagine going through that. glad you found something that is working for her now.

tiff and amy - Tings are little snacky things, kinda like Cheetos, but minus the cheese and with nutritional yeast instead. They are quite tasty. They are by the same makers as Veggie Booty (also a favorite in this house) and Fruity Booty - Robert's American Gourmet. They sell them in health/natural food stores, but I've also seen them at Safeway.

I drank a ton of OJ today. Hopefully that will help! I still feel like hell right now though and am off to bed.

HL - Cute idea w/ the coupons. I remember doing that for my mom back in the day. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home