Saturday, December 17, 2005

No party after all

Ava's in the middle of teething, and, as a result, her immune system seems to be compromised. She caught a cold and has been coughing and sneezing a lot the past two days. I decided it wouldn't be right to leave her and go to the party tonight (Jody's work holiday party), so we all stayed home.

To repay me for staying home with her, Ava just puked on me. Ahhh. The joys of motherhood. ;)

Seriously though, she doesn't really act sick, other than not eating much (though the snot hanging from her nose is a good tip off that she's not operating at 100%).

I spoke with a friend of mine who's an herbalist and she recommended some homeopathic remedies for her as well as an herbal daily immune booster for the winter months. Hopefully those will help her heal quickly and stay well.

I am somewhat bummed about not getting to go tonight, since it was going to be me and Jody's first night out together in what seems like forever. But I'm even more bummed that she and Jody (since he'll be home with her) will have to miss the Cherished Children party tomorrow. All of our friends and all of their kids will be there, plus several families we haven't yet met. I've actually already been planning on taking free family portraits for four of the families there so I'm going regardless. (I wanted to do everyone's family portrait, but with around 15 families attending, there just wouldn't be time.) I went over to where the party is going to be today to set everything up. I'm not really happy with the lighting (or lack there of), especially because it's supposed to be cloudy again tomorrow, but hopefully it will be sufficient. Guess we'll see!

Hope you all are having a good (and healthy) weekend. Stay warm. :)

6 Comments:

At 12/17/2005 11:21 PM, Blogger Ms. Doe said...

It just means that you will have to plan on a date night later. :)

And yes, I think all the joys of motherhood include being thrown up on, picking your child's boogers, wiping things that need to be wiped, sleeping in pee from a newly toilet going child and giving up your last piece of chocolate.

Have I forgotten anything?

 
At 12/18/2005 8:37 AM, Blogger Amy T said...

Awww, what a bummer about not being able to go, but as Tiffany said above, make sure you and Jody still have a date night. :) I hope Ava feels better soon. Aidan had his first fever day before yesterday, but looked fine yesterday.

 
At 12/18/2005 10:42 AM, Blogger Nelly said...

That's too bad that your plans fell through! What a bummer. I have this week off and Friday morning I woke up with the worst scratchy throat and couldn't even sleep last night at all. Stuffed up then runny nose. UGH! I'm healthy all year and then I get a week off work and BOOM, sick. Hopefully we'll get rid of all of this before next weekend. Hope you and the husband get to go out together soon!

 
At 12/18/2005 10:33 PM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

Ugh, that stinks. I hope she feels better soon. When K1 gets to puking, I know it is pneumonia. No fun at all. I hope Ava heals fast.

 
At 12/19/2005 1:34 PM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

thanks for all the replies.

she's actually not getting any better yet. she had a few coughing fits last night and then coughs a lot when she first gets up in the morning.
we're going to keep at it with the homeopathics and herbal remedies (and humidifier and steamy breaks in the bathroom) for now. everything i am reading indicates that it's viral so nothing a visit to the dr could do anyway. but if she's not making any progress by wed or thurs i will see about getting her in to see our dr. i certainly don't want this to progress into pneumonia or anything. but for now it just seems like a really crummy cold.
i just wish i could find an easy way to make her cough up the gunk in her chest.
poor thing. i hate to see her sick.

 
At 12/19/2005 1:36 PM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

ps nelly, hope you get well soon and can enjoy your break.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home