Thursday, December 15, 2005

Not my day

Today started off really well. I felt motivated to clean and, since that doesn't happen every day, decided to go with that feeling. I got a load of diapers and a load of clothes washed, I cleaned the bathrooms, swept the kitchen, and vacuumed the living and dining rooms. It felt good to accomplish those things.

Then the time rolled around when Ava should've been going down for a nap. She was not interested. I tried putting her down several times but she had no intentions of sleeping no matter how tired she acted.

So I decided fine, no sense in fighting her on it. She could stay up a bit longer and I would jump in the shower since that was one of the things I hadn't accomplished yet today.

I noticed earlier in the day that my legs were looking a little uh, hairy. (It's winter after all and I don't shave much in the cold months.) My razor is relatively new and therefore sharp (and I'm sure you can see where this is going). The first stroke on my leg, down by my ankle, and HOLY SHIT! I yelled in pain as I took a big chunk of flesh out of my leg. Ugggh! It hurt like a mother (whatever that's supposed to mean), let me tell you.

After that, I said screw it, the legs are staying unshorn.

Then I reached for the soap to lather up and when I put the cap back down, some bounced off the bottle and directly into my right eye. Good Lord. Perhaps taking a shower wasn't such a good idea after all.

When I got out of the shower, my ankle was covered in blood. I've gone through a couple Band-Aids already, and while I don't think stitches will be required or anything, I'm sure I'll have a lovely scar to show for it. It will cover up the scar that was already there from a previous shaving mishap. Oy.

After my non-relaxing shower, Ava finally was tired enough to nod off. I decided it was time I get cracking (literally) on making deviled eggs for our mom's night out movie night tonight. I boiled the eggs yesterday so all I had to do was peel them, scoop out the yolks, prepare the yokey mixture and fill the eggs back up. Right? Wrong.

I cracked open the first egg and it oozed all over the counter. Oh man! I didn't boil them long enough! I tried another egg just to be certain and it was the same deal. Shit! Now I have to come up with something else to take tonight. Gotta go back down to the kitchen, rack my brain and get creative.

Hopefully that's the end of my bad luck for the day. I don't think I can take much more!

Edited to add: I managed to whip together a bean dip with refried beans, salsa, cheese, black olives and green onion - all of which we actually had in the house - to take, along with some tortilla chips, tonight. It went over well. We didn't get through both of the movies (way too much chit-chatting going on for that) so I'm glad that Jody and I watched them yesterday. I'll blog about those another time.
So, much to my relief, my night did get a lot better. :)

8 Comments:

At 12/15/2005 7:50 PM, Blogger Nelly said...

It can only get better right? :) Hope your night turned out better than it started!

 
At 12/15/2005 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope your day got better!!

 
At 12/15/2005 11:37 PM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

Nelly and laura, thank you! :) My night did get better - see the "ETA" above.

 
At 12/16/2005 4:54 AM, Blogger Nelly said...

Good for you Amy! What did you end up bringing in place of your runny eggs? ;)

 
At 12/16/2005 5:13 AM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

Well, what an oozy day. I am glad things got better!

 
At 12/16/2005 9:24 AM, Blogger Amy T said...

I have a couple of scar 'strips' down my ankles and a few on my thigh from razor mishaps. They do hurt like crazy and bleed all over the place.

Glad your day ended up alright, though. :)

 
At 12/16/2005 3:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh that stinks :( Sorry you had such an awful day, I have had days like those, today was one in fact!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

 
At 12/16/2005 3:41 PM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

Nelly, I made a 5-layer bean dip. :)

R2Ks, no doubt! Those eggs were nasty.

Amy, those razors are treacherous! I don't even want to think about Ava learning to shave one day.

Dawn, sorry to hear you had a crummy day too. Hope you have a nice weekend as well. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home