Monday, November 07, 2005

Blah, blah, blah (just random stuff)

I had another maternity photoshoot this weekend. It was my friend's daughter who was in town visiting from Montana. She was 29 weeks along and had her two older children (7 and 8) in some of the photos with her. (Their dog was in a few shots as well.) All in all it went well. They were very nice and easy to work with. I learned a lot of things (after the fact, when I looked at the pictures of course), like even though the room we were in seemed bright, they should've all faced the windows. And that I should've shot at a higher aperture because there were three of them and I wanted all of them in focus. I'm used to shooting just one person (namely Ava), so I'm not used to that. But despite my rookie mistakes (live and learn and then learn some more), I still got some good pictures out of the deal and I'm very happy about that.

Here are a few from the session that I particularly like:





The three of us (Jody, Ava and I) went out to dinner Friday night, then stopped at Borders so I could read up on some photography tidbits. But we ran into a woman I used to work with (used to supervise her actually) and she had lots to talk about. She filled me in on the goings-on at the newspaper over the past few months and about her life and that of her family as well. In the meantime, Ava ran around the store and Jody chased after her. hehe.

The rest of the weekend was spent with me proofing the photos, so we didn't do much else. Though I did sneak out for a bit Sunday evening and went to the "Grand Re-opening" at our neighborhood Safeway. You would've thought they were giving food away based on how crowded it was. :oP

This week looks to be a somewhat busy one. I'm taking pics of my friend's son tomorrow (he turns 2 next week). More practice, practice, practice for me. :) On Wednesday we have another Attachment Parenting meeting. This month's topic is prenatal parenting.

I still have lots of stuff to sell/give away. I tried listing Ava's crib on Craig's list last week and thought I had a taker, but they decided they wanted a white one instead. Bugger.

Ava's vocabulary is increasing every day. It's amazing to hear her pick up more and more words. Oh, and she's been doing somersaults (totally unassisted) for the past couple weeks. She must have done about 15 on the bed last night while Jody and I laid in there with her. It's pretty adorable. She claps her hands and says "Yay!" after each one. Her other new thing is shaking hands and saying "How do." Cracked us up at dinner on Friday when she reached for my hand and said it for the first time. LOL!

That's all for now. I think Ava and I are going to go run some errands now. Looks to be a nice day out. :)

6 Comments:

At 11/07/2005 5:57 PM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

How do? That's so cute.


The picture with the kids and mom is beautiful, and the one with the baby blocks is very creative.

 
At 11/07/2005 6:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

next time your in MI, you can take pics of nate.... :)

 
At 11/07/2005 11:30 PM, Blogger Ms. Doe said...

Again, great pics. :)

Seren's new thing is saying, "Eye yi, yi." She used to watch Kipper a lot, and she would say in an English accent, "Let me have a go at it." Kiddos are the greatest, aren't they?!!

 
At 11/09/2005 3:29 PM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

R2Ks - Yeah, this kid cracks me up. :) Thank you!

Shelby - Ooh, maybe! I don't have any trips back to MI planned at present.

Tiff - ROFL at "Let me have a go at it." So cute!

Heather - Thank you. :) I saw the blocks done elsewhere so I can't take credit for it, but it is a cute idea.

Nino - Thank you and thanks for that link. I'm always looking for inspiration.

 
At 11/10/2005 4:44 PM, Blogger Rambler said...

new words..ah, yes... that's what Yumna's doing recently...she's taken up to calling me *aunty* since he heard a few kids do that! lol!

 
At 11/10/2005 6:52 PM, Blogger Beth said...

Oh my God! Those pictures are fantastic!

Happy HNT!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home