Sunday, October 30, 2005

Happy Halloween! (photos and weekend recap too)


Happy Halloween from the li'l ladybug (and me too). ;)

What's everyone doing for Halloween?

Ava and I are heading over to Jody's work in the afternoon. They've invited the kids to come up and do a little parade around the office. Plus, just outside of where he works is the "munchkin masquerade" each year, where all the local businesses hand out candy to the kids.


After that we are going to hang out with some friends, get pizza and play games. Should be a fun day! We were contemplating going to a kiddie Halloween party that a friend was throwing as well, but she (the hostess) came down with something and called it off anyway. It sucks that she's sick, but it probably would've been too much for us to do in one day anyway.

I'm thinking about dressing up for the evening. I tried on a few things that I could come up just from my own closet tonight. I'm leaning towards going as a goth girl, though I might chicken out. I don't want to scare any of the little kids. ;) Jody's going as a "bad ass." He pulled out his old leather jacket, which combined with his bald head makes him look rather menacing.

We had a good weekend here. I exchanged the camera bag I bought last weekend for a bigger one (backpack style) and picked up a tripod. I also did some reading of "Understanding Exposure" while hanging out at Border's (sans Ava and Jody) Friday night and read more of my camera manual last night and now have a basic understanding of shooting in manual mode. Yay! My pics aren't really crisp, but they aren't completely black anymore either. (Woot! Woot!)
Here's something I made today after I caught Jody and Ava napping together on the couch.
Also got some cleaning/organizing done in the house today. I have a whole table full of things to either sell or give away. I'm really on this kick of needing to get rid of stuff we're not using and/or won't be using anytime soon. Hooray for decreasing clutter! Now I just need to start listing the stuff on Craigslist or Freecycle and hope it goes bye-bye.

Back to photography (sheesh, can't shut me up about it, can you?), I got a few cool shots of a butterfly (who was kind enough to pose for me for a couple minutes while I figured out what mode to shoot in) and some flowers yesterday when the three of us went out for a lil walk in the neighborhood.


I'm totally enjoying playing with my camera and am looking into taking a photography class. There's one being offered for digital photography at a local photo store, but I'm not sure if it's what I'm looking for or not. I need to call and get more info. Oh, they are also doing an open photo show in November which I'm contemplating submitting a picture for. Anybody can enter, so why not, eh? Then I can say I've been featured in a photo show. ;) hehe. Even if I don't enter, I plan to go check out the show and see what other photographers in this area are doing.

Hope everyone has a fun and safe Halloween. :)

6 Comments:

At 10/31/2005 8:30 AM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

Your picture talent astounds me. And I have to say, I am very impressed by your busy day.

We're going to be low-key here :)

 
At 10/31/2005 8:48 AM, Blogger Ms. Doe said...

Have fun today! Your little ladybug is cute! :) I also love the pink flower, very beautiful. And, about photoshop, do I have it on my computer? I have Adobe photoshop elements, is that the same?

 
At 10/31/2005 9:13 AM, Blogger Amy T said...

Sounds like you have a really fun Halloween planned. If you can, get a family pic together with your tough-dude hubby, your cute as a bug daughter and yourself (what are you going to dress up as?) We're laying low this year since Aidan's too young to do anything. He got a mini pumpkin with a face I drew on (Aidan's own baby face) with his name that I displayed in our window, and that's it! Hope we don't get trickertreaters knocking on our door cause we ain't got NOTHIN!

 
At 11/01/2005 10:53 AM, Blogger halloweenlover said...

You have the most beautiful family, Amy, really adorable!

Hope you had fun at the parade and trick or treating! What did you end up being?

 
At 11/02/2005 9:57 PM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

R2Ks - thank you!! :) hope you and the girls had a nice halloween.

Tiff - Elements isn't the same as Photoshop, though I think you can still do a fair amount of photo manipulation with Elements. I've never used it though. Check online and see what you can find.

Amy - Ya know, we tried to get a photo of the 3 of us, but we weren't all in costume anymore and it's blurry. Arg.

HL - Thank you so much. :) We had a nice night. I ended up going as a witch.

 
At 11/09/2005 8:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My little ladybug granddaughter was too cute on Halloween. I just wish we could have seen her in person. Very cute picture of her in the leaves, Amy. Your butterfly and flower are very good-I think you have a calling and you definitely have artistic talent. Dad and I are proud of all of your endeavors.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home