Tuesday, October 25, 2005

I got it!

What you are looking at is my brand new camera! Yes, we managed to track down a store that had it in stock this weekend. (Thank God for Best Buy and their 18 months no interest financing!) I am now the proud owner of an Olympus Evolt E-500 - my very first SLR camera! :)

I've already taken hundreds of pics with it over the past few days, just trying to get a feel for it. I have so much to learn, but I like it so far. :)

I also received my first photo order today. Exciting! And all of my friends and family have been really encouraging about me starting up a photography business, which has been wonderful.

I have soooo much to do and learn before I really get it off the ground. I have a feeling I'm not going to be blogging much as the wheels are set in motion, though I'll try to post periodic updates (and, of course, pics) and check out my blogroll when I can.

Thanks to everyone who's supported me in this new endeavor. It feels awesome to have something I'm so excited about again (other than parenting stuff). :)

8 Comments:

At 10/25/2005 2:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATS AMY!!! AND GOOD LUCK!!!

 
At 10/25/2005 11:14 AM, Blogger Amy T said...

Great investment, Amy! It's so fantastic that you can build a business with your passion, something that's also in the works for me, too, with collage art. Gotta hold off til baby's about Ava's age, though. Best of luck and be sure to share your photos with us!

 
At 10/25/2005 1:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Now that's a nice camera.

I'm so happy for you.

 
At 10/25/2005 5:59 PM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

Good luck, congrats, and a bag of chips!

 
At 10/26/2005 2:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

I have been eyeing the SLR's for a little while. I am researching the Minolta and the Olympus!

 
At 10/26/2005 9:01 PM, Blogger halloweenlover said...

Oooh, do tell what you think!

I've been considering for some time now, and have been eyeing the Nikon D70, but if you recommend this one I'll go check it out! Show us some pictures!

Congrats on the new order!

 
At 10/26/2005 9:45 PM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

Thank you all. I'm still so excited about this whole thing. I finally finished proofing my friend's pics (from her daughter's 1st birthday) today. Yay!

I bought this cool action that allows you to make collage-type story boards. I love it! I'll have to make one of some pics of Ava to share with y'all.

I got another photo order today too!

Oh, and I might have another shoot coming up this weekend. A friend of a friend needs someone to do her maternity pics soon cuz she's due in a little over a week!!

I'll let you all know how I like the Olympus after I get better acquainted with it. So far, so good. I've heard great things about the Canon D70 though too.

 
At 10/26/2005 9:47 PM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

er, i meant the nikon d70.

the nice thing about the olympus is that it comes with two lenses right off the bat. i don't know of any other SLR that does off the top of my head.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home