Saturday, October 22, 2005

What's goin on this weekend

Yesterday I did another photoshoot. This time for my friend and her family on her daughter's first birthday. It was definitely more challenging to shoot six adults (mom, dad and two sets of grandparents) and one almost toddler than it was just two adults (and a baby on the inside). ;) But I learned some things and that's always exciting. And I got some pictures that I feel good about. I lucked out and got a cloudy day yesterday too so that helped a lot with the outdoor lighting. (Direct sun is a bummer to take pics in and it's sunny here MOST of the time.)

I went to a couple stores this week to see if anyone is carrying the new Olympus that I want but nobody has it yet. :( It's available from a few places online, but even then there seems to be a couple week wait for it. I guess good things come to those who wait.

This weekend we need to bag up our leaves - groan. I've already done a couple bags as the leaves began to fall, but now that the big backyard tree is nearly bare I'm sure we have at least 15 more to do.

We might also get out and do something fun outdoorsy since it looks like we have a beautiful couple days (weather-wise) in store.

Tomorrow we're going a first birthday party for the little girl that I just photographed. That should be fun. I know Ava will enjoy hanging out with all of her friends. :)

What's everyone else doing this weekend? Hope you enjoy yourselves. :)

4 Comments:

At 10/23/2005 3:38 PM, Blogger Ms. Doe said...

You take such great pictures (at least from what I've seen :)), so I'm sure those you just took will be wonderful. Again, I wish you were close, I would totally hire you! :)

 
At 10/23/2005 9:19 PM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

I'm so happy the photography is working out so well.

Bagging leaves--something I am putting off until I have no choice.

 
At 10/24/2005 3:30 PM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

tiff and r2ks - thank you. :) i've got big news to share in the realm of photography but no time to blog right now!

we didn't end up getting to the leaves this weekend after all. they'll keep til we do. ;)

gotta run. the chica is napping and i have so much work to do!

 
At 10/25/2005 1:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful time for you. The evolution of a passion.

You are lucky to have found something to do that inspires you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home