Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Grandparents are in the hizzy

My parents from MI arrived on Sunday and are staying with us for the next several days.

Ava is eating up all the attention and enjoying all the books grandma and grandpa are reading to her, as well as the outings they've been going on - to the park, library, and museum (for arts and crafts) so far. I've been enjoying the help with house and yard work and appreciate that Ava is having lots of fun.

Julian and I have mostly been staying home, hanging out. I did venture out with just Ava yesterday to go to Vitamin Cottage to pick up a few groceries and get pizza from Papa Murphy's for dinner.

We plan on celebrating an early Christmas while the 'rents are here, but still need to set up our Christmas tree.

Julian is three weeks old tomorrow. (He's currently sleeping soundly in the Moby Wrap on my chest.) Sometimes it feels like he's been here forever and other times it feels like just yesterday that he was born. Speaking of which, I have finally written my birth story. It's nearly 4 pages typed. I don't know that I will post it on my blog, but if anyone is interested in reading it, feel free to email me (or leave a comment w/ your email addy) and I can send it along. :)

Grandma and Grandpa enjoy holding their new (and only) grandson. My mom said he looks more like a three month old than a three week old. We often have to remind ourselves that he's still just a newborn and we can't expect him to hold his head up on his own (although he's getting pretty good at it already).

Now that this post has been pretty much all over the place, I'm going to go. I took some new pics of Julian today and I want to check them out. :)

Peace.

6 Comments:

At 12/13/2006 2:12 PM, Blogger Penny said...

enjoy the visitors!

 
At 12/13/2006 4:13 PM, Blogger halloweenlover said...

Me! Me! Send to me! You know I love birth stories! I can't wait to have my own!

 
At 12/15/2006 12:43 PM, Blogger Amy T said...

Yes, I want your birth story!!!!
You have my email address already - can't wait to read it!

Isn't it nice having grandparents around? I helps SOOO much.

 
At 12/15/2006 1:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd love to read it! You've got my email.

 
At 12/18/2006 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would love to read it. I love birth stories, and now that my second and last child is 6 months old, I can only live vicariously through those experiencing the joys of birth.
Of course, I have the joys of a baby and a toddler to experience!

Thank you for sharing!
annasawin AT yahoo DOT com

Anna S.
Mom to Will 7-20-04 and Henry 6-11-06

 
At 12/18/2006 3:11 PM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

Penny and Amy - Yes, I am greatly enjoying the help. :) I don't know what I'm going to do when I'm on my own. Eep!

HL, Amy, Julie and Anna - I emailed it to you all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home