Monday, December 04, 2006

10 days old (pics) and a bit of an update

I know, I know - all I seem to do anymore is post pictures. :oP I'm trying to find the time to write some actual posts, but it just hasn't happened yet.

So in the meantime, I decided to get out of bed yesterday and take some pictures of my "little" boy (he weighed 10 lbs., 6 oz. at his one week check-up) before he loses all of his newborn characteristics. Unfortunately, I didn't get around to doing it until the sun was setting (doh!), so I only had 15 minutes of daylight to snap, snap, snap away.

Here are the best ones of the bunch. :)

Julian at 10 days old







Things are going well pretty here.

Julian is a cuddly little bundle, who nurses well and sleeps a lot.

I may have jinxed myself earlier by saying how well Ava was adapting. She is definitely in love with her baby brother, but she has had some meltdowns in the past week. I think it's been hard for her to share mom and dad. Some days are better than others. Yesterday was really hard, but today was much, much better. While daddy or Aunt Carrie have been good about getting her out of the house most days, I think it helped that she had a playdate with another child today.

I am feeling good. I had a couple of migraines last week and ended up taking my acupuncturist up on her offer to come out to the house to treat me and prescribe more Chinese herbs. So she was here on Saturday and did a bit of acupuncture and got me more herbs (that taste even worse than what I had prenatally). Blah. No more migraines though since she came to see me. I'm knocking wood that they are gone (at least for a while).
I have my 2 week check up with my midwife on Thursday, then I don't see her again until 6 weeks postpartum. After seeing her so much these past few weeks, I will probably go through withdrawal.

Jody is home from work this week again, which is wonderful. His help around the house and with the kiddos is priceless. I'm feeling very thankful for my husband.

The photographer is coming to our house on Friday to take some family pictures of us. I'm looking forward to that because (for a change) I will be able to just relax and be with my family while she worries about all the photography stuff. :)

Now for my random thought:
I can't believe it's already December! We haven't done anything to decorate for the holidays yet. That might have to wait until my parents get here next week. Oh, and Christmas shopping?? Hmmm, that might all be done via the Internet this year.

So that's us in a nutshell. Hope you all are doing well. :) I'm trying to read up on my regular posters when I can, but I don't usually have time to comment these days. (Sorry!) Hugs. :)

12 Comments:

At 12/04/2006 10:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhh my, what an adorable little bugger he is!! So aware and bright-eyed. I could snuggle him up! Great pix.
Enjoy your time relaxing and getting to know your new lil' boy. Don't worry about us ol' bloggers who have nuthing better to do at midnight. Teehee.
XOXO,

 
At 12/05/2006 5:50 AM, Blogger Barb said...

He's precious!

 
At 12/05/2006 7:34 AM, Blogger Isil Simsek said...

He is adorable!I esp. loved the 2nd pic.
Glad that you feel fine.Take care!

 
At 12/05/2006 7:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I already posted on the boards, but he's so cute! And what a big boy he is!

It's hard for the "big sister" to get used to sharing mommy and daddy...7 months later, Sydney still has her moments. In the beginning I tried to do as much "mommy/Sydney" stuff as I could, even if it meant just taking her to the grocery store with me alone.

Enjoy your little family! Can't wait to see your family pictures. :)

 
At 12/05/2006 10:48 AM, Blogger halloweenlover said...

Absolutely gorgeous pictures and breaktakingly beautiful baby. Really! I adore these. I'm so glad you got them in, you're going to love looking back at them, I'm sure of it.

Congrats mama! Make sure you rest too!

 
At 12/05/2006 12:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=2701717&page=1

Thought you would appreciate this story.

 
At 12/05/2006 12:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok it didn't work. try this:

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/
story?id=2701717&page=1

 
At 12/05/2006 1:24 PM, Blogger Penny said...

He's lovely! Love those innocent eyes. Glad you're doing okay too!

 
At 12/05/2006 2:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pictures of our new grandson, Julian. He still has those newborn characteristics, but he is a big boy and we can't wait to meet him. We'll put up the Christmast decorations when we get there. Hope you are feeling better since your treatments. Love to you all, especially Ava, and Jody who is such a supportive husband and father.

 
At 12/05/2006 8:17 PM, Blogger Liesl said...

What a beautiful baby, Amy! I just want to hug him :)

 
At 12/06/2006 11:53 AM, Blogger aTxVegn said...

He's absolutely beautiful!

 
At 12/06/2006 5:49 PM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

Thank you all. :)

Caroline - Thanks for the link. I'm so glad the mom was breastfeeding and able to keep her girls alive during the nine days they were stranded. But I was so sad to learn today that the dad didn't make it. :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home