Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Scorpio vs. Sagittarius and Thanksgiving plans

Apparently my little guy is holding out because he doesn't want to be a Scorpio. Today, according to some astrological charts I've seen, is the last day in the Scorpio Zodiac sign and tomorrow (11/23) starts Sagittarius. I guess I'm cool with that (what choice do I have, right??) because from what I've heard about Scorpios and some of the ones I've known (I dated a Scorpio) are such strong personalities. (Nothing personal against any Scorpios out there.)

It's kind of funny because Ava was born on the cusp too (that is, if baby boy follows suite and isn't born within the next 13 hours). Her birthday is June 22, which is the start of Cancer sign. My kids are just stubborn like their bull-headed (Taurus) mom. That shouldn't surprise me one bit.

So in this extra time baby boy has given us, we've decided to change the middle name we had picked out for him (not the first name though - that one is staying). Neither Jody nor I were really in love with the name we originally chosen so we started poking around the Internet (with my sister's very eager help), looking for something that appealed to us more. We found something that we are happy with now, and unless he decides to stay in another week, we will probably stick with it. ;) Then again, if he decides to stay in another week, we might just skip the whole "J.E." initials thing and just call him "Stubborn." :oP

=========================================

Thanksgiving is tomorrow and I honestly thought I would have a baby in my arms by now. In fact, I was so convinced that I wouldn't be able to prepare a nice Thanksgiving meal (because I'd be in bed or on the couch with my wee one) that we decided to treat ourselves to a nearly full meal courtesy of Whole Foods. I did make a pumpkin pie last week (which I need to pull out of the freezer to thaw) and I bought a couple turkey breasts, but we ordered all of our side dishes from WF - Creamy Mashed Potatoes • Orange Mashed Yams • Green Beans Amandine • Traditional Herb Stuffing • Fresh Cranberry Sauce with Orange • Turkey Gravy. Jody is picking them up after work today and all we'll need to do tomorrow is reheat everything. It will be a nice treat for all of us, regardless of if the baby is here or not. And it will leave more time for us to just hang out and be together as a family (me, Jody, Ava and my sister) and, of course, obsess over when baby boy is going to be born.

=========================================

Jody said the hot topic in his office today is when will our baby get here. It seems that two women we know who were due in December have already had their babies. Gah. Anyway, I told Jody to start taking bets and agree to split the pool with the winner 50/50. Might as well make some money while we wait. LOL - j/k ;oP

Seriously though, Jody, Ava and I each had a little pep talk with the baby last night and told him how excited we are to meet him and he can come out whenever he's ready, so we've done our part. ;) It's all up to him now.

:) Happy Thanksgiving to you all. :)
And happy birthday to my Dad today!

P.S. My cold is mostly better and I got a really good night's sleep last night. That was lovely. :) My big complaint, aside from wanting to meet my son and having to wait, is that I'm seriously running out of maternity clothes that fit at this point! I have one pair of yoga pants that I practically live in and a few shirts, but I need to have this baby just so I can have some clothes to wear again. ;)

P.P.S. I was able to get a last-minute appointment in the acupuncture clinic tonight. Maybe that will get the ball rolling! **crossing fingers**

8 Comments:

At 11/22/2006 1:59 PM, Blogger Penny said...

{{{Come out baby vibes}}}

Hope your holiday goes nicely :) It will be good to have a little time together as a 3 person family. Enjoy your meal - it sounds yum! We don't have Thanksgiving here, but I'm always envious of the yummy food I read about.
Might have to go and make a pumpkin pie....

 
At 11/22/2006 2:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So what was the middle name you nixed!? ;) I really feel for you...waiting for baby is not my favorite game :) Your meal sounds fabulous!!

 
At 11/22/2006 7:31 PM, Blogger Liesl said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Maybe you'lll have a yummy meal and a new baby both in the same day??? I'm still rooting for a Thanksgiving baby here, can ya tell? lol

Your clothing cooment reminds me of a conversation I had with my neighbor across the street - she's expecting twins, and is 37 weeks now. She's outgrown virtually all of her maternity clothes, and just can't bear the thought of buying more...

 
At 11/22/2006 8:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a cusp, too! (Virgo/Libra) We are cool people, we cusps.

 
At 11/22/2006 11:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL on the clothes! At the end for me, I was down to one pair of shorts, and wore them every day. I didn't want to buy any more big maternity clothes. I wore these shorts to the hospital, and my water broke when I still had them on, and DH took them home for me When the time came to go home, the other smaller pair of shorts wouldn't fit, so I had no bottoms to wear home. I had to ask the nurse for a pair of surgery scrubs. Not exactly the "bringing home baby" picture you imagine.
:-)

Hope the acupuncture gets things going, and if not, enjoy what will be your last Thanksgiving with just you, Jody, and Ava!

 
At 11/23/2006 9:55 AM, Blogger Amy T said...

Come on baby, I'm rooting for you to be a Sagg!!! My husband, myself and one of my best friends are all Saggetariuses. I never thought I'd marry a Saggetarius, but we've made the best couple. Aidan is a cusp Gemini and Gemini's complement Saggetarius since they are on the opposite end of the Zodiac wheel (kind of like a color wheel?)

Enjoy your Thanksgiving! It must still be rather nice not to have to cook. I'm off to stuff the turkey now. Happy Turkey Day!

 
At 11/23/2006 10:33 AM, Blogger Primal Mama said...

Happy Thanksgiving Amy and Family! Your meal sounds delicious!

I am currently baking a pie and sitting around doing nothing exciting until its time to go to the inlaws... fun eh?!

 
At 11/23/2006 1:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy,
I dreamed last night that you went into labor. I arrived at your house and you were just getting ready to head out the door for a walk with your husband and Ava. You were breathing peacefully through surges and had a smile on your face. You were in great spirits and totally embracing the dance of labor. I woke up so excited for you. :)
XOXO,

 

Post a Comment

<< Home