Saturday, December 09, 2006

First outing and other stuff

Julian had his first venture outside the house yesterday - which also happened to be my first venture out of the house postpartum. It was a gorgeous day, so we took a walk to the park as a family. :) He slept the whole time and was nice and cozy in the Moby Wrap, which I have to say is damn comfortable. I'm currently borrowing one from the "carrier library" of the AP group I belong to, but I'm going to be buying my own soon. I really like it. :)

Julian in the Moby with mommy:

Sliding fun!:


Julian and I had our 2-week postpartum check-up with my midwife on Thursday. All is going well with us. I was "officially" released from my 2-week recovery/take it easy time. Julian had another weight check and he's up to 11 lbs., 2 oz! And we thought Ava was big when she weighed 11 lbs., 6 oz. at her 1-month check-up. My midwife said she's pretty certain he will be off the scale (her scale only goes up to 13 lbs.) at our 6-week postpartum appointment in 4 weeks. I think she's probably right. He's already outgrown some of his 0-3 month outfits.

Julian at 2 weeks old:




Our family photoshoot was yesterday and it went quite well. I can't wait to see the pictures, but I'll have to wait about a week. Julian got a bit overwhelmed a couple times, but I think we got some good shots, especially since she took over 400 pictures. ;) Ava did really well too and even helped the photographer take a few pictures. :)

And, if you can stand it, here are a couple pictures from Dec. 4 of the fam:

5 Comments:

At 12/10/2006 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No other words but PRECIOUS!!! I love your happy, sweet, peaceful, loving family. You all are so divine.
Enjoy...
XOXO

 
At 12/11/2006 1:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Where have I been?!!!!

You, he, all of you... beaming and Beautiful. Just the thing I needed to see on a gloomy day.

Lovely, lovely, lovely.

and belatedly, of course, congrats!

 
At 12/11/2006 7:12 PM, Blogger Amy T said...

What a gorgeous day to be out n about -- lovely piccies. :) I can't believe Julian has already outgrown his 3 month old clothes and he's only 2 weeks old!!!! What a big boy he is!

 
At 12/11/2006 8:36 PM, Blogger Liesl said...

You all look so beautiful and happy :)

And YAY for getting out of the house!

 
At 12/12/2006 4:10 PM, Blogger Penny said...

Ooooh lovely :)
It's great to get out isn't it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home