Monday, November 13, 2006

While I wait...

Things I've found to do while waiting for baby:

1. Paint my toenails. It had the added bonus of being like a little workout with all of that stretching trying to work around my big belly. ;)

2. Cook, bake and then cook some more. I've never had so many frozen casseroles in my freezer in my life.

3. Clean. I keep wondering how many times I'm going to have to clean the bathrooms, sweep the kitchen and vacuum the livingroom before the birth.

4. Enlist Jody's help in cleaning out the closets. He managed to fill a large garbage bag full of his clothes to donate. Yay! That was long overdue!

5. Read positive, uplifting, amazing birth stories from women on the "Due Date Clubs" on Mothering.com.

6. Drive 20 miles to go out for a healthy dinner at Whole Foods. Yes, I know I said I have been doing lots of cooking, but that's all getting frozen and then I don't feel like cooking come dinner time. *shaking head*

7. Spend one-on-one time with my girl.

8. Relish the feelings of having a little one growing and moving inside of me.

9. Retail therapy. Jody got some new jeans (which were desperately needed) and baby boy got a few more "sleep 'n play" outfits.

10. Walk laps at the mall or go for walks.

11. Go to play groups.

12. Examine my belly for new stretchmarks. (Haven't gotten any with this pregnancy - knock wood!)

13. Do laundry.

14. Come up with new things to add to my list. ;)

The crazy thing is that I won't even be 40 weeks until Thursday (11/16) and I'm already antsy about having this baby. It could still be a few more weeks! This pregnancy has flown by until the past few days. Now it seems like each day takes forever! I need to just relax and let it happen when it happens, but it's easier said than done. **deep breaths**

By the way, Ava just said, "I want baby brother to sit in my lap." Apparently someone needs to tell her to have some patience too. ;)

14 Comments:

At 11/13/2006 3:36 PM, Blogger MamaKate said...

Hi Amy! Its Emma Lu's Mom Kate from the babydust boards(or MamaKate from MDC). I just wanted to say Hi since I am always reading your blog! I hope you get to enjoy the peaceful home birth you have been preparing (& cooking)for! Your kids are lucky to have a Mama like you! I can't wait to hear your birth story & meet Baby boy!

 
At 11/13/2006 4:00 PM, Blogger Penny said...

I'm impressed about the freezing mission you've been on! LOL! I've just started mine.

Wrestling around trying to paint your nails reminds me of my precarious leg shaving attempts in the shower.

Good luck passing the time in these last few days. Are you having any niggles?

 
At 11/13/2006 5:17 PM, Blogger Mom2Cass said...

I keep popping in here to check on you. :)

The last days are the l.o.n.g.e.s.t.!

Hang in there, he'll be in your arms soon.

Stacy

 
At 11/13/2006 8:34 PM, Blogger Penny said...

Oh - I found this booklet on acupressure and childbirth this morning and thought you might like to read it too.

http://acupressure.rhizome.net.nz/acupressure/Acupressure.pdf

:)

 
At 11/13/2006 8:49 PM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

Kate - Hi! I didn't realize you read my blog. :) Thanks so much for your support and kind words. I hope all is well with you and Emma. :)

Penny - Oh yes! Shaving in the shower requires a LOT of effort. It's darn near impossible to do a decent job at this point in the game. ;)
Jody looked up "niggles" for me because we didn't know what it meant. hehe. I'm taking it to mean "am I nervous?" Not too much. I mean, I have a little bit of a fear of the unknown - who wouldn't?, but I am confident that I'm in good hands and I trust my body and baby to know what to do.
Thanks so much for that link to the acupressure booklet. I am reading it as soon as I'm done here. :)

Mom2Cass (Stacy) - Thank you!! Hopefully you won't have to pop in too many more times before I have some news.

 
At 11/13/2006 9:29 PM, Blogger Ms. Doe said...

One word...Pedicure. ;)

 
At 11/13/2006 10:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I woke up this morning from a long and vivid dream that involved me being in labour, and very very confused. When I awoke, I immediately thought of you. So I'll start obsessively checking your blog as often as I can, and I hope for your sake baby boy arrives soon. On the other hand, a growing freezer full of food is a good thing. ;)

 
At 11/14/2006 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, it's SO close! I'm sure you are excited for your son to be here.

Speaking of which, we just found out we are having a boy as well! I am going to go check out all the circumcision links you posted but after looking at that one, I can't imagine putting my son through that kind of pain when there have been no non-cosmetic benefits proven! I felt so bad for that tied down baby in the picture!

 
At 11/14/2006 2:18 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

i think you'll have to move on to daily updates now! the suspense is killing us over here! we can't wait to hear all about your fabulous birth :)

 
At 11/14/2006 4:25 PM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

Tiffiny - I should really schedule one for next week just in case I still haven't had the baby. At least it would give me something to look forward to either way. ;)

Miriam - Funny how you have these pregnancy and now labor dreams with ties to me. I'm coming to grips with the fact that it could be another week or more, but thanks for hoping he's here sooner than that (for my sake). :)

Suzy - Congratulations on finding out you're having a boy!!! I was wondering if you were having your big u/s soon. Glad to hear my circumcision research has been helpful to you too. :)

Michelle - Yes, and each day will go like this : Tuesday - No baby. Wednesday - No baby. Thursday - No baby. :oP
I hope I have some news to share soon, but I am really thinking I may have another week to go. I appreciate your enthusiasm though! I am looking forward to sharing the story. :)

 
At 11/14/2006 8:05 PM, Blogger Liesl said...

Wow - that is quite the list of constructive activities. Sounds like a lot of fun. Actually I'm envious you can polish your toes - I'm having a hard time tying my sneakers, and I'm just 23 weeks...

And thanks for stopping by my blog and also for the link - it's always great to discover like-minded women :)

 
At 11/15/2006 10:05 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

baby, if you come really soon, then i can stop (obsessively) checking your momma's blog for updates... i can then move on to (obsessively) checking your momma's blog for cute pictures of sweet baby boy (and super cutie big sis Ava!) ;)

 
At 11/15/2006 1:14 PM, Blogger Penny said...

tum te tum
just cruising by...
seeing if there is a baby even though my bloglines sub will pick up any post
how silly am i!?

BTW - by "niggles" I was meaning any cxs ;) I sure don't want to make you focus on any nervousness! LOL!

 
At 11/15/2006 2:07 PM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

Nino - I'm not overdoing it. Just trying to find things to do to occupy myself until the big day arrives. ;)

Liesl - "it's always great to discover like-minded women" - I agree. :)

Michelle - You are too silly. :oP

Penny - LOL - Now I thought you *might* mean cxs, but then I wasn't sure - so we looked it up. Hehe. But alas, no, no real cxs to speak of.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home