Saturday, September 02, 2006

Fall is here

It's Sept. 2 (how did it get to be September already???) and I think fall has officially arrived to CO (though the aspen have not changed color yet). It's currently 54 degrees and cloudy, with an expected high of 71 (though I'm not seeing how we'll reach it).

We plan to go to a neighboring city's "hometown fair" today for a bit, then have dinner over at my sister's house tonight. Tomorrow, Carrie is going to watch Ava so Jody and I can go to a movie (Little Miss Sunshine). I can't even remember the last movie we saw in the theater, though after looking at ticket prices today ($9 each!), I don't imagine we'd go very often even if we had someone to watch Ava. Sheesh, that's expensive.

Sometime during the weekend I need to finish proofing my photo session from last weekend and get that ready to present to my client. I also want to do some more kids' clothes organizing. Time to bring out the fall stuff and see what still fits this year.

So, all in all, a rather relaxing weekend planned.

My cold is doing a bit better each day, and although Jody's caught it too, he's not doing bad either. I appreciate the get well wishes. :)

For those of you who have a three-day (Labor Day) weekend, enjoy! :)

P.S. I didn't take the picture, but it's a peak that's visible from our house.

4 Comments:

At 9/02/2006 6:40 PM, Blogger Amy T said...

I'm glad you're starting to feel better. Being sick is so miserable, especially when you cannot just stay in bed all day long. :(

Yeah, movie prices are ridiculous -- that's why more and more people are investing in home theater systems and just renting DVDs once they're released.

 
At 9/03/2006 9:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great deals on the clothes, Amy. What a savvy shopper you've become. I guess that Ava's response to the baby giraffe dropping might have you watching and explaining things on TV with her a little more-poor little girlie. Hope your cold is better soon. Do you know the trick with Peroxide and water sprayed in the nose? And you could have gone to the movies here in MI for $4.50 each.Kisses to my girl.

 
At 9/03/2006 5:39 PM, Blogger Penny said...

You're seeing fall, and we're seeing spring!

Glad you're feeling a bit better :)

 
At 9/03/2006 9:29 PM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

Amy - Thanks. It was a little cheaper for the movie today since we went during the day - $6.50/ticket instead of $9, but yeah, we usually just rent movies from Netflix. (Though we don't have a special home theater system.)

Mom - Guess I should stop letting her watch "Springer" without me then, huh? ;) j/k
Seriously though, on the rare occasions the TV is on in this house, I'm generally right there with her (unless she's watching Sesame Street or her Laurie Berkner music DVD). But yeah, she definitely is very aware of what she sees/hears going on on TV or out in the world and needs me or Jody there to explain the things she doesn't understand. That's our job. :)
I don't know the trick w/ the water and peroxide in the nose. You'll have to email it to me.
The timing just didn't work out for us to see a movie while in MI, but that's ok. It was a treat to do it today.

Penny - The changing of the seasons is always nice. :) Are you sick of winter?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home