Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Two random tales

Did you ever have a day when you thought you'd have been better off staying in bed?
I began to wonder that very thought today after I first cut the heel of my foot on the front door while getting ready to go run errands. Then, as I walked out to the car, I stepped half on the walkway and half on the grass and half-twisted my ankle. Thankfully I caught myself before it twisted all the way.
It was at that point that I said to Ava, "mommy needs to sit down right here in the driveway." And I pulled out my cell phone and called Jody and contemplated whether or not I should attempt to drive after my less than graceful exit from the house. He suggested I knock on wood or a tree or something before I attempted anything else, so I did. He also reminded me that my joints are getting more loose as my pregnancy progresses. Oh yeah. How quickly we forget. I had a nasty fall while 38 weeks pregnant with Ava - slipped off a curb in the rain and went down hard on my knee. I still have nerve damage from that incident.
Anyway, I decided to go ahead with it since I really needed to get to the bank, Post Office, put gas in the car and go grocery shopping. Thankfully, it was all uneventful after that and I got done what I needed to do. :)

======================================

Have you ever wondered what happens when you set the leg of a couch down on a ketchup packet? ;)
A few weeks ago, Ava came across some ketchup packets (I assume because we got takeout one night) and was playing with them in the livingroom. I wasn't really concerned because I didn't figure she could open them, and I was right. However, I still should have been concerned.
You see, the tv remote had gone missing, so Jody and I were searching the room trying to track it down. He picked up one side of the couch so that I could look under it. No remote. But when he set it down, guess what was right underneath the leg??? The ketchup packet, of course!
We didn't even notice it had exploded until a few minutes later when I saw some ketchup on the carpet. Oh no! But it got worse. We soon discovered ketchup on the carpet, couch, loveseat, rocking chair, fan, window, curtains, and wall - higher up than Jody could reach while standing on the back of the loveseat! It went EVERYWHERE!
Of course we laughed about it, but I'm still scratching my head wondering how we're going to get those last drops of ketchup off the wall way up there. ??!!

7 Comments:

At 8/23/2006 4:24 PM, Blogger Tami said...

Wow! I'm glad the rest of your day went smoothly. I hate days like that.

As for the ketchup... In high school there were some trouble makers that would drop ketchup packets all over the school grounds, so if you were rushing to a class and not paying attention to where you were walking, you'd step right on one and it would squirt all over the place. Ick!

 
At 8/23/2006 5:02 PM, Blogger Penny said...

Oh yeah... the pg clumsy thing. I fell with Tim in our hallway and wrenched my shoulder catching myself before I landed on my tum. So far so good with this one but I'm so nervous going down the stairs at work. Glad the day went better for you!!!

The ketchup made me laugh! Hope you got it all out - such a mess ;-)

 
At 8/23/2006 9:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad things got better. That ketchup story reminds me of junior high when the boys would bring ketchup and mustard packets home from the cafeteria and would set them under the wheels of the bus at the bustop to watch them explode as the bus took off. Good times! lol

 
At 8/24/2006 9:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hilarious ketchup story. Oh, the things I have to look forward to with my girl!
Ouch about your feet! I was THE clumsiest during my pregnancy. I tipped, spilled, crashed, and hit everything in sight it seemed. Be gentle to yourself. :)

 
At 8/24/2006 11:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eek about the ketchup. From personal experience, the sooner you wipe it off the better. Ketchup can be really difficult when it's all dried in!

Of course though, get someone else to reach those high bits. Can't have your supple bones giving out and you having another fall.

Take care :) xx

 
At 8/24/2006 10:21 PM, Blogger Ms. Doe said...

I swear I was so clumsy when I was pregnant. There were many days I just wanted to scream if I did one more thing to myself. I'm glad the drive was well.

Um...the ketchup....ewww!!! That would so drive me crazy!! :)

 
At 8/25/2006 7:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That ketchup thing would drive me so totally insane. I shudder just thinking about it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home