Tuesday, August 29, 2006

How I love a good deal

Today was the last day of a HUGE "Just Between Friends" consignment sale at the fairgrounds and neary everything was selling for 50% off. Ava and I spent two hours there (whew!) and I came away with an enormous bag of clothes.

For baby boy (who definitely racked up the most loot), I got:
15 (cuu-uuute!) outfits and/or sleepers/sleep sacks ranging in size from 0/3 to 9 months - Carter's, Osh Kosh, Old Navy, The Children's Place, etc.
6 pair of socks

For Ava, I got:
2 winter sleepers - Carter's and Baby Gap
1 sweater - The Children's Place
1 pair of jeans
Unfortunately the 2T and 3T girls clothes were majorly picked over, so there wasn't much to be had for the lil miss.

And for myself, I got:
3 pair of maternity pants (though I'm not sure if one of them fits)
2 maternity long-sleeved shirts

How much did I spend on this plethora of clothes you ask?
$150? No way!
$100? Surely, you jest.
$60? Nope.

I got it all for $54!! :-) Not too shabby if you ask me.

I just finished gathering up all of the clothes we now have for baby boy (so I can wash and organize them) and I think he is quite set in the 0/3 month department. If he grows anything like his big sister did, he probably won't even get to wear all of his 0/3 month clothes before he moves into the next size! Ava graduated to some 3/6 month outfits at only a month old.

Anyway, I'm feeling good about what we've got for the little man now. I still need to get some cloth diapers in smaller sizes (because the small FuzziBunz we had for Ava were all borrowed), but I'm hoping some friends will have hand-me-downs for me before November.

I guess you could say I'm getting some of my nesting done early this time around. :)

4 Comments:

At 8/29/2006 6:35 PM, Blogger Mama T said...

I'm so jealous of your great deals. LOL
Sounds you got some great stuff!

 
At 8/29/2006 9:52 PM, Blogger KleoPatra said...

Good buys!

Good bye!

:o)

 
At 8/30/2006 5:16 AM, Blogger Isil Simsek said...

really great deal ;)

 
At 8/30/2006 10:34 PM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

Thanks! I'm still giddy as a school girl over my purchases. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home