Thursday, August 31, 2006

Sick and tired

I have a full-blown cold and feel like total crap. I must have gone through at least 75 tissues (and sneezed well over 100 times - seriously - usually I do 4 or 5 sneezes at a time) today. (I so need to get my hands on one of those contraptions in the pic!) My nose is sore and red. My throat hurts. I took a short nap today, but I'm still tired.

Ava has a cold too (she got it first), but thankfully seems to be on the mend.

Jody is out playing D&D with his friends tonight (don't get me started), but my sister is over hanging out and entertaining Ava.

I am taking Ava's homeopathic cold remedy and am hoping this won't last too much longer (though I just started feeling sick last night). I also plan to try a cold remedy that my midwife recommended (involving fresh grated ginger and fresh grated garlic mixed honey and hot water with fresh lemon juice) tomorrow, now that my sis was kind enough to go buy some ginger and more garlic for me tonight. It sounds soothing.

I guess the good news in all of this is that there's a 3-day weekend on the horizon and Jody can play nurse if he needs to.

Sorry for being such a whiney baby, but that's how I feel. **Sigh**

10 Comments:

At 9/01/2006 3:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hope you weren't too sick to watch BB!! It was a good one!!

 
At 9/01/2006 5:44 AM, Blogger Isil Simsek said...

Ginger really helps,hope you feel better now.

 
At 9/01/2006 10:03 AM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

Shelby - You won't believe it, but CBS carried the damn Broncos game last night instead of BB!! I was none too happy. I read some of the synopsis on the BB site, but I'm hoping CBS will replay it so I can see for myself.

Isil - Thank you. I'm off to make myself some of that ginger/garlic tea now.

 
At 9/01/2006 11:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

damn football games....

 
At 9/01/2006 6:11 PM, Blogger Primal Mama said...

colds suck :( Sorry you are not feeling well.

I make a killer chicken noodle soup... let me know if you want some, I would be more than happy to bring some over for you! :D
(its probably an old wives tale, but it always makes me feel better to eat chicken noodle soup when I'm sick, :) )

Hope the ginger/garlic stuff works for you!

~D

 
At 9/01/2006 7:30 PM, Blogger KleoPatra said...

Awww, sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Wishing you good health very soon. I just got over a little bit of something or other myself. It passed quickly through me (for a change!) and i hope you have the same good fortune...

 
At 9/01/2006 8:28 PM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

dawn and kleopatra - thanks for the get well wishes. and dawn, thanks for the chicken soup offer. thankfully, i'm doing a bit better today. i think if i was still feeling like i did yesterday, i'd take you up on your offer. of course, now jody is coming down with it too, but at least we're all at different stages and not feeling completely helpless all at once. ;)
hopefully we can still enjoy the 3-day weekend around here.

 
At 9/02/2006 9:49 AM, Blogger urban vegan said...

Feel better soon. Colds stink.

 
At 9/02/2006 12:53 PM, Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

Awww, I hope you feel better soon.

 
At 9/03/2006 5:37 PM, Blogger Penny said...

I know exactly how you feel. My midwife recommended Berocca (dissolvable Vit. B) with extra Vit. C too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home