Monday, August 28, 2006

The weekend wrap-up

Can you top my exciting Friday night? Jody, Ava and I went to Kmart so Jody and I could buy ourselves some new underwear! You know it's time to splurge and get yourself some new skivvies when you start to wear holes (gah!) in the old ones. I've always been pretty practical when it comes to undies (i.e. I can't justify spending beaucoup bucks on Victoria's Secret panties) and cotton bikinis have suited me just fine in the past (heck, I can even wear them under my belly while pregnant), so I picked up a multi-pack of Fruit of the Loom colored bikinis. Woohoo. Jody got himself a couple packages of Hanes boxers and now we are both good to go for another few years. ;)

On Saturday, I got out of the house alone for a few hours to scout out some parks for the maternity photoshoot I had scheduled for Sunday. I did a little bit of hiking and spent some time in nature by myself and it was quite relaxing. After that I picked up a new (well, new to me) pair of jeans at a consignment shop, then stopped by a friend's house and hung out for a bit. Later that afternoon, after Ava decided she didn't want to nap because daddy was home from work, we all took a drive in the car (which lulled her to sleep in no time) and Jody and I got some good quality conversation in. That was nice.
My sister Carrie joined us in the evening and Jody and I snuck out of the house (while she watched Ava) for about an hour to grab some food. We're hoping to plan a little date night in the near future so we can go see a movie ("Little Miss Sunshine" or "Superman").

On Sunday, I had the photoshoot first thing in the morning (hooray - it didn't get rained out!). It went quite well and I'm happy with many of the shots from it. I was worried I didn't get many good ones with the couple's 2-year-old son because he wasn't very interested in being in the pictures, but a number of them turned out quite cute. :) It was the first photoshoot I'd done in about three months (other than Ava's 2 year pics and my impromptu maternity pics), and it felt really good to do it. So now I'm working on proofing those this week.
Carrie came over for dinner with us and I got my Big Brother fix.

So that's it. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Contain your excitement, would you? ;oP

5 Comments:

At 8/29/2006 8:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend! So glad you and your hubby got to spend some time together. That's so important to share that time, especially when you area awaiting another new life. :)
Hoping you post some of the pix - can't wait! You are quite talanted with the camera and at capturing great moments.
PS I also wear holes in my undies so don't feel bad. It's terrible. Plus, I still wear my maternity thongs from Old Navy! LOL.

 
At 8/29/2006 10:18 AM, Blogger Niecey said...

Sounds like a nice weekend. Shopping for underwear is always fun heehee.

I hope we get a peek at some of the photos from the shoot....sounds great so far.

 
At 8/29/2006 6:42 PM, Blogger Penny said...

Hee hee! I had to do the same thing re the undies last year. It's not good when you have undies from back in the 80s still in your drawer! LOL!

 
At 8/29/2006 8:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know? It sounds pretty good to me. There's just something fun about new underwear. Yeah, I'm a dork like that. :)

 
At 8/30/2006 10:15 AM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

Isn't it funny how new undies can be so exciting? hehe. ;)

Leigh and Niecey - I will share a few of my favorites from the session at a later date. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home