Friday, February 17, 2006

Safe and sound in OKC

We arrived safely in Oklahoma last night (technically this morning) around 1 a.m. It was a loooong, loooooooong drive, just cuz it is over 700 miles, but the weather cooperated and Ava did well other than when she was really tired and needed to nap, but kept fighting sleep.

We spent the night in a hotel and have spent the day today at my in-laws' house. All of the cousins weren't able to make it, but we saw some of them here and hope to stop in Wichita on our way home to see the rest.

My mother-in-law was kind enough to indulge our new vegetarian lifestyle and found some tasty vegetarian meals to make for us. We had potato soup for lunch and veggie tacos, tostadas, beans and all the fixins for dinner. Mmmmm.

Tonight and for the rest of the time we are here, we're staying with my friend's parents here in OKC. (We aren't able to stay with my in-laws because of my cat allergies.) We had been planning on sucking up the cost of a hotel, but then my friend offered her parents' house to us and we took her up on it. It will be nice to save some $$ that way.

Ava's been having a good time so far. She played with her cousins, and has been enjoying me-maw and paw-paw's two dogs as well. Now she's running around playing with some balloons paw-paw gave her, while me-maw draws animals on her aquadoodle. Ava hasn't napped at all today (and hasn't eaten much either - too busy to sit still I think) so we're hoping she'll go to sleep early tonight. We could all use the extra sleep.

The freezing rain has started here so we're leaving my in-laws' soon for the night.

I'll likely stop in to post again at some point. Ya just can't keep me away from my blog. ;)

4 Comments:

At 2/17/2006 10:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds great. I could sure use some family time right now. I hope the rest of your trip continues to go so well.

I'm glad that you made it there OK.

 
At 2/18/2006 9:05 PM, Blogger Darlene said...

Amy, hope you have a super great time! How old is Ava now?

 
At 2/21/2006 12:08 PM, Blogger jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

That's so sweet that she is supporting of your eating lifestyle!

 
At 2/21/2006 8:41 PM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

Thank you all. :)

Darlene - Hey, nice to hear from you again!

dadto1ofeach - Thanks for stopping in. :)

And to answer you both - Ava will be 20 months old tomorrow (Feb. 22). :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home