Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Things I never thought I'd hear myself saying

"That's not poop, it's a raisin!" - Said with relief after Ava kept saying, "poop, poop, poop" and pointing at something beneath my chair.

"Take the ducky out of the toilet, now please." - Said after Ava decided ducky needed a swim.

"Get your hands out of the toilet." - Said on numerous occasions now when Ava decides to go exploring in the "waawaa."

Are you sensing a pattern here? Ava is fascinated with the toilet lately. Not going potty on it, but sticking her hands (and other things) in it. We're doing our best to keep the bathroom doors closed, but I don't always remember. Might have to invest in a couple of those childproof locks for the toilets. This is getting old, fast. :oP

On a related note of doing things she knows she shouldn't be doing, Ava will sometimes say "Noooo, baby" as she reaches for something she shouldn't have. She knows it's not for her, but she's gonna try to get it anyway. Li'l stinker. ;)

7 Comments:

At 1/24/2006 6:35 PM, Blogger Avery's mom said...

lol that is too funny. I guess she's trying to reprimand herself and that counters her doing the wrong
I'm already looking around the house to see what sort of babyproofing we are going to need and the task looks endless

 
At 1/24/2006 7:49 PM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

Avery's mom - I recommend doing some basic babyproofing - outlet covers, moving breakables, etc. - and then watching your baby to see what she is interested in and babyproofing from there. That way it's not as daunting. We didn't do nearly as much babyproofing as I've seen other people do and it's worked out fine for us (well, until this whole toilet thing - LOL).

 
At 1/24/2006 10:54 PM, Blogger jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

The raisin phrase just keeps my smile on : )

 
At 1/25/2006 7:33 AM, Blogger Amy T said...

Hilarious! Your advice to Avery's Mom is what we're doing now with Aidan. I don't know what he's going to want to get into and there's no sense in lockdown if it's not necessary. He tends to go for the entertainment center: DVD player, speakers, playstation. And it's designed with the shelving low. :(

 
At 1/25/2006 11:30 AM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

Toilet locks drove me nuts--so I did a child handle on the door and kept it closed.

K1 used to be able to get past the cabinet locks, but she couldn't get past a door handle protector.

Oh, that is funny what comes out of our mouths!

 
At 1/25/2006 11:32 AM, Blogger halloweenlover said...

My mom said she once walked in as I was climbing onto the very tip top of the kitchen cabinets while chanting "geddown, geddown" HA!

At that point she realized that I probably didn't understand what "get down" meant. Kids are too funny.

 
At 1/26/2006 11:24 AM, Blogger Ms. Doe said...

Good thing you have a clean toilet. This would freak me out if Seren did this. I'd probably have to dip her in bleach to rid me of worry. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home