Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Out of the mouths of babes

Some of you may recall that several of my friends are pregnant. That, coupled with the fact that I have taken pictures of a few of them and their beautiful pregnant bellies (and have been working on their pictures on my computer), has lead Ava to believe that we ALL have a baby in our belly.

She was eating lunch a few days ago, when she stopped what she was doing, pulled up her shirt, grabbed her chubby rolls and said, "baby." I tried to explain to her that she didn't have a baby in her belly. She looked perplexed, pointed at my belly and said, "baby?" And I again said no, no baby in mommy's belly either.

Later that night she did it again first with herself, then with me, and this time included dad, stating he had a baby in his belly as well. :)

She does this every now and then. It's super cute but hard for me to explain that only some women have babies in their bellies, when so many of the women she sees regularly do. ;)

---------------
A couple new veggie soup recipes will be posted soon. :)

3 Comments:

At 1/25/2006 3:38 PM, Blogger Isil Simsek said...

This is really cute :)

 
At 1/25/2006 7:52 PM, Blogger Mama T said...

LOL, I thought you were going to say that she pointed at your belly and said "baby" to your dh and he thought that was your way of saying "we're having another baby"...LOL

Hey, I have a question...I am going to try your Chickpea Lunch tomorrow, and serve it to my daycare kiddos... just wondering, are there amounts that go with the recipe you posted or do you just throw everything together and guesstimate? lol
Thanks for any help!

 
At 1/25/2006 8:29 PM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

Tonja - LOL - That would be a cute way to tell him - IF I was pregnant, which I am so not. ;)
As for the lunch - no amounts other than a can of chickpeas. It's easy to eyeball it though and taste til it seems right. Enjoy. Hope the kiddos like it! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home