Sunday, January 01, 2006

Fun night and good, productive day

We had a really fun time last night. Jody, Ava and I went over to our friends' house - Dax, Brandy and 2-yr-old Creed - to ring in the new year with them and another couple - Sonja and Troy and their 7-week-old daughter Annabelle.

We had a potluck dinner with lots of yummy appetizers and other foods, and we actually had a few drinks as well. Anybody who knows us knows this is really out of the ordinary for us. We just don't drink much. In fact, the bottle of Jose Cuervo we took with us to make our margaritas is easily three years old and only had about 3 ounces missing from the bottle (and now only has 7 oz. missing)! LOL

We had plans to play games, but the conversation kept flowing, so we sat around and talked all night.

Ava and Creed had a BLAST playing together. They've known each other since Ava was a few months old, but it's only in the past few months that they've both reached an age where they can really play and have fun together. :)

Anyway, we had planned on only staying til 9 or 10 p.m., but we were having such a good time we didn't leave until 11:30. We were home by the time the clock struck 12. Happy New Year!

Today has been really productive around here. Jody and I took the Christmas tree down, I did a few loads of laundry including our bed linens, Jody straigtened up the extra bedroom (in the basement) for my sister's arrival in two days, then I went down there and did a bunch of organizing and rearranging. I gathered up a big box full of things to give away - curtains, blinds, sweaters, coats, magazines, old purses, etc. Guess I'm getting started on my voluntary simplicity living. ;)

Jody has the day off tomorrow, but a friend of his will be in from out of town, so he and all the boys are getting together for an all-day DnD session. Blah.

I think the lil miss and I will run some errands. I'm on the lookout for a cute little chair for her that I can also use for my photography business, so we might hit a flea market or second-hand shop or two. We'll see. Also need to do a bit more cleaning before my sister gets into town. She'll be staying with us for six days. She hasn't seen Ava since her 1st birthday in June so she's very excited about getting to spend some time with her niece. And I'm excited to see her too. :)

And now I'm going to go read some more about simple living. (Thanks for the link, Amy!)

8 Comments:

At 1/02/2006 7:36 AM, Blogger Nelly said...

What a nice sounding new year's eve. Glad you guys were able to enjoy yourselves. And how fun that your sis is coming. I know you've been missing family a lot this holiday. Have fun with her and I'm sure Ava will love it!

 
At 1/02/2006 8:30 AM, Blogger Amy T said...

Your party sounded like a lot of fun! Friends are the best. :) And good for you for de-cluttering. After living abroad for several years, I've had to seriously think about every purchase I made, since I'd have to pack it with my luggage back here. I got used to that mindset and now anything that isn't essential or beautiful enough to take with me is considered clutter. It's a very freeing feeling! :)

 
At 1/02/2006 8:39 AM, Blogger Amy T said...

P.S. The first voluntary simplicity link you posted isn't one I've seen before and I really enjoyed it! Reading through most the articles they posted will keep me busy all morning. Thank you! :)

 
At 1/02/2006 12:46 PM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

What a really fun time. I love the simplicity thing--I really do must of it and support it. And I'm glad Ava and Creed are great buddies--and that you and Jody got to have some FUN!

 
At 1/02/2006 1:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a really nice time. Two shots each, huh? You must've been on the floor. ;-)

I love the last two posts you've written. I spent a lot of time last night reading on the siplicity web site. It is fascinating. And a little bit daunting. Like you, I think I'm going to bite off only a bit at a time. Today, I am sorting out Kajsa's old clothes to wash and release.
Thank you again for the inspiration.

 
At 1/02/2006 3:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woohoo! Me and the lil miss are going to hang out and have fun! I can't wait.
Signed,
One proud and delighted auntie

 
At 1/02/2006 5:12 PM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

Nelly - Yes, it will be great to have Carrie in town for a few days. :)

Amy - I have a LOOOOONG way to go before I really declutter this house, but I hope to work on it little by little. I imagine it will be a great feeling once it's finally done - someday! ;) Glad that other link was useful to you.

Nino - Good luck. Just take it little by little. I think that's the best way to do it and not get overwhelmed.

R2Ks - Yes, it's great fun for Ava to have a playmate.

Rowan - No, no, no. We didn't do shots. LOL We made margaritas. :)
Yep, little by little is the way to go. Good for you. :)

Cster - Can't wait to see ya (and your bangs - oh my!) tomorrow. :)

 
At 1/08/2006 4:55 AM, Blogger Isil Simsek said...

Thanks for this link about Simple Living.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home