Friday, December 30, 2005

Things that make ya go hmmm...

I recently received a comment on my blog from Isil of Veggie Way. So I started checking out her blog and archive and found some links to vegetarian and vegan sites.

One in particular that caught my attention was Milk Sucks. The whole site is pretty disturbing and explains why "milk sucks" for the animals, the environment and your health.

I'm not ready to swear milk off completely (everything in moderation, right?), but I do plan to read this site in-depth and decide how much milk is ok for my family.

We've been buying organic milk for Ava the past couple months (even though she's still breast-fed) because I figured it'd be something other than water for her to drink, but we get regular ol' milk for ourselves (just because organic is so pricey). However, we might change that habit or switch to soy or rice milk on a more regular basis.

Anyway, if you are interested in learning more about milk and why it's not nearly as healthy as it's touted to be (as with nearly everything, it's all about the Benjamins), check out Milk Sucks. It's a huge eye-opener.

By the way, I sent away for the "free vegetarian starter kit" in the left sidebar on the site. I used to be veggie, but went back to eating some poultry and fish after not having the best eating habits. I'm reexamining my choices now, but I will save that for another blog entry. ;)

4 Comments:

At 12/30/2005 8:12 PM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

I had found that to be a compelling website too. After reading it in the spring, I was ready to renounce milk by the summer. It is really easy to do, and I have never felt better. I'll be happy to share ideas with you on this if you are interested :)

 
At 12/30/2005 9:57 PM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

R2Ks, I was hoping you'd chime in on this and wondered if you'd seen the site before. I will email you for ideas. :) Thx!

 
At 12/31/2005 5:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's great people really need to become more informed about what they choose to put into their bodies. I ran Milk Sucks a few years ago. I had stopped drinking milk long before I became vegetarian in 1992.

 
At 1/01/2006 4:04 AM, Blogger Isil Simsek said...

Hi Amy,
Thanks for linking my blog.
Happy new year!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home