Saturday, December 24, 2005

Serious toy warning

Magnet toy leads to 2-year-old boy's death

"A freak accident involving a popular toy has killed a 2-year-old boy and now, Kenny Sweet's parents hope that other parents can learn from their tragedy."
"Doctors found the magnets in Kenny's small intestine - one at the top and one at the bottom. The magnetic force was so great it connected both ends, twisting his intestine and forcing deadly bacteria into his blood stream."

This story is just awful, but definitely something to share with everyone you know as these magnetic toys are so popular. At Christmas and always, please be careful with what your little ones play with.

Sorry for the downer on Christmas Eve, but this is very serious and I think people (especially those with small children) need to be aware of it.


At 12/24/2005 4:15 PM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

Thanks for the warning. Always an excellent reminder.

At 12/26/2005 7:26 AM, Blogger Blog writer said...

That scares me!! how do we know what is safe enough?!?!


Post a Comment

<< Home