Thursday, December 29, 2005

Business as usual

Jody headed back to work today, so we're back to business as usual in our house.

I just want to say again how nice it was to have him home for six days. He helped out around the house a ton without being asked, and spent most of his time playing with Ava.

I mentioned to him last night before we all drifted off to sleep how thankful I was for all of his helping out this past week. And he said that he figures I NEVER get a vacation, so he wanted to do what he could while he was home to make things easier for me. Awww. :) He's a good guy (most of the time).

On a somewhat related note, we went out to dinner last night with an old friend of Jody's (who was in town) and his fiance. It's funny how Jody and I have become one of *those couples* where all we want to talk about is our child - how many new teeth she has, what new things she's been saying or doing - as if everyone wants to hear just how wonderful we think our little girl is. ;) There's no hiding it though - she is the light of our lives.

5 Comments:

At 12/29/2005 12:54 PM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

Yep, you are sucked into the parent cult. Uh huh! Jody rocks :)

 
At 12/29/2005 4:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed some nice family time. And if that couple ever has kids....they'll be calling you for advice!

 
At 12/30/2005 8:34 AM, Blogger Amy T said...

What a thoughtful, helpful guy. Makes a world of difference having the extra help.

 
At 12/30/2005 4:30 PM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

R2Ks - Yes, he rocks. He was on my case about saying that he's a good guy "most of the time." He's like what's that all about? hehe.

Amy - Ooh, maybe they will call us for advice. I think kids are still a ways off for them though.

Amy - Yes, it does make a world of difference! :) It's amazing how much more I love him when he helps out. Doesn't take expensive gifts or diamonds to make this girl happy. ;)

 
At 12/30/2005 5:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know I mentioned I had become one of 'those moms' when I was talking to an aquaintance this morning.

That is fabulous you had a break. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home