Monday, October 17, 2005

Fabulous weekend

What a fun, yet super-busy weekend! :)

On Saturday morning, Jody, Ava and I drove up into the foothills to check out the park where I planned to take my friend's maternity photos the next day. I found a couple spots that I liked and took some pics of Ava and Jody.

Saturday afternoon, I went up to the community garden by myself for a few hours to clean up our plots. A friend and her son came up too so we chit-chatted for quite a while. It had been weeks, if not a couple months, since we had time to gab like that.
Saturday evening, Jody, Ava and I went to Target to find some black leggings and a shirt for Ava to wear under her ladybug Halloween costume and we got dog food as well.

On Sunday morning, I had my first real photoshoot! I thought it went very well. The couple was really easy-going, terrific to work with and they looked super cute in their matching clothes for the shoot. :) I took several pictures of them in their matching clothes, then they changed into their comfies for a few more candid shots.
Here's a link to the proofs if you want to check them out:
Maternity photoshoot

Then Sunday afternoon we met some friends at a farm for a hayride out to all the different vegetable plots where we could pick as many veggies as we could carry. I got 7 pie pumpkins in addition to a bunch of potatoes, cucumbers - Ava loves them, green beans, beets, chili peppers, tomatoes and beautiful Indian corn! There were carrots and some squash as well. It was a pretty fun time and the weather was beautiful, if not almost too hot!

Last night I worked on the photos from the shoot. I'm happy with how they turned out.

So that's about it. I have to return my friend's camera to her this week and the thought of going back to my Kodak EasyShare camera is enough to make me want to cry. :oP So I think I'm going to make the investment in a new camera soon. We can't afford it, but I plan to pursue the photography business and can't do so until I have a decent camera. Hopefully it will pay for itself! ;)

Not sure how much blogging I'll be doing this week. I feel like taking a break. Could be because the weather's been so nice lately, I just want to be outside. Guess we'll see how it goes.

12 Comments:

At 10/17/2005 7:59 PM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

Thanks, Gina.
I am thinking about doing newborn photography at some point as well, but I'm not sure about children once they are mobile. ;) It takes me forever to get decent pics of my daughter now that she's a toddler.

 
At 10/18/2005 12:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the photographs. They are so lovely. I'd definitely get that camera if I were you. Have you done professional photography before?

I've given some thought to doing the same thing, myself. I took pictures of my sister and a few diferent friends during their pregnancies.

I agree with you about children, though. They're so wiggly! Speaking of kids, Ava has the cutest thighs I may have ever seen. They are simply adorable!

What a fun weekend it sounds like you had. I'm going in to Prescott Friday for a beer festival of some sort. It's Chris' idea. I think we'll hit the pumpkin patch, too.

Have fun with the great weather!

 
At 10/18/2005 9:47 AM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

Thank you, Rowan. :)
No, I haven't done professional photography before. This is all new to me.
You should get back into it if it's something you enjoy doing.
Thanks about Ava's thighs. LOL. Believe it or not, they are much less chunky now than they were when she was a baby. She had HUGE thighs.
Enjoy the festival on Friday and the pumpkin patch!

 
At 10/18/2005 2:23 PM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

Tanya,
I wondered why you stopped visiting a while back. Glad to see you here again. :)
Thanks for stopping by!

 
At 10/18/2005 6:58 PM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

Those are really amazing pictures. You are very talented.

 
At 10/18/2005 11:05 PM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

R2K - Thank you so much. :) I really appreciate the vote of confidence!

 
At 10/18/2005 11:30 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

those pics are so awesome!!!! i wish you lived near me so you could do mine... *sigh*

great job...

peace...

 
At 10/19/2005 8:26 AM, Blogger Ann D said...

Thanks for posting the links to your photos. I agree with the others: you have found your calling! Obviously, this is your passion, so you need to get the equipment to do it right. That camera isn't an expense; it's an investment.

 
At 10/19/2005 3:49 PM, Blogger Darlene said...

Sorry if this isn't relevant to your post, but I had to send this to you!

I’m sure you heard about the scientists in Lima, Peru who believe that dolphin calls are good for human fetuses. They believe the ultrasonic emissions may benefit unborn children by stimulating brain activity while the fetus is still developing.

Dolphins have been trained to swim close to pregnant women and emit their calls. Some even “kiss” the women on their lips or stomach. In Spanish-speaking countries, this practice is known as delfinoteprepia, or dolphin therapy.

Well, I found a site with both a slideshow, and a video you can watch and listen to (dated Oct. 17, ’05), that shows interactions between dolphins and pregnant women, and had to share it with you and your friends. Just make sure your sound is turned up when you get there. Go to http://www.turnto10.com/news/5106007/detail.html

Sorry, you’ll have to copy and paste this into your browser, because I couldn’t make the link linkable on my site either. Enjoy!

 
At 10/19/2005 8:40 PM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

Monkey - Thank you and congralations on your pgnancy!!! :)

Ann D - Thanks for putting it that way. It really is an investment. Now if I could only find a store that carries the camera I want. It seems that it's so new that it's not even on the shelves yet.

Darlene - Thanks for the info. I'll chk it out.

Heather - Hey! Thanks for stopping by. :) Yes, Ava is like a lil girl now. It's amazing how fast they grow!
I've heard great things about the D70 too, but the new Olympus Evolt E-500 is only $800 (wow!!), comes with 2 lenses and is supposed to be wonderful. So we'll see how I like it if I can ever find a store that's selling it. Thanks for the comments on the pictures too. I appreciate it!

 
At 10/19/2005 8:41 PM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

uh, that should say congratulations, monkey. ;)

 
At 10/20/2005 9:09 AM, Blogger halloweenlover said...

I LOVE the pregnancy pictures, especially the belly ones at the very beginning. Just GORGEOUS. What talent you have girlie!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home