Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Too much c-a-n-d-y

Thank God Jody took the majority of Ava's Halloween loot into work today or I swear I would have eaten it all. I had no self-control tonight and ate like 4 of the mini-candy bars we did keep and a little box of Nerds. Ugh. Like I need to be eating that stuff. Baby boy is kicking me for it now. :oP

Anyway, we had a lot of fun trick-or-treating at the Munchkin Masquerade. Ava finally got into the idea of begging for candy at the last three shops we went to and actually took the candy out of the bowls herself. Prior to that, Jody had to take the candy every time. (At least he picked the chocolate though. Ava went for the pink and purple wrappers.) ;) She never did say "trick-or-treat" though.

Ava got several compliments on her rocker costume (though several people thought she was supposed to be one of The Beatles - arg). One teenage girl gushed, "Oh my gosh, that is the cutest thing I've ever seen in my entire life!" And then something about how she loves The Beatles, and told Ava to "rock on." It was pretty cute. :)

A guy at Jody's work threw up the horns and said "Rock 'n roll" to Ava and she did it right back without missing a beat. Yay Ava! LOL

We had very few trick-or-treaters at our house last night, which is why Jody ended up taking so much of Ava's candy into work today. We were just going to recycle it (along with the stuff we bought) to other trick-or-treaters. Why not, eh?

I took some more pics yesterday with my P&S but haven't had a chance to get them off the camera yet. I spent the majority of the day today cleaning the kitchen (i.e. nesting), doing laundry and making muffins with Ava's help (she's such a good muffin maker). Later in the day when I felt the uncontrollable desire to get out of the house, she and I went to the library where she picked up a few "new" books to borrow. We really need to do that more often.

K, that is all. I need sleep. |o)

Edited 11/02/06 to add some pics:
The stoic trick-or-treaters:


Making their way down the strip:


Checking out some candy:


It's getting cold out here! Ready to go back inside:


Trying out a Snickers bar. (Don't let that face fool you - she loves her "chock-lit.":

5 Comments:

At 11/01/2006 11:42 PM, Blogger invincible falcon said...

Watching the famous quote of MAHATMA GANDHI in the blog of US Citizen is a pleasant surprise. ALL the best mam. keep the good work going.
Im proud to be a GANDHIAN and an Indian.

 
At 11/02/2006 1:23 PM, Blogger Penny said...

mmmm... choccy!
You sure baby boy doesn't need some more??

 
At 11/02/2006 7:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

adorable pictures! Shes such a cute lil rocker!

I know what you mean with the candy, I made D take a bunch to work too, heh.

 
At 11/03/2006 11:25 PM, Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

Very, very cute.

 
At 11/04/2006 10:48 AM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

Amit - Thank you for commenting and visiting my blog. :) I obviously really like that quote by Gandhi.

Penny - I think he's gotten plenty by now. ;)

Nino - Thanks, sweetie. I don't know how cool Ava's mom is, but she's a pretty cool lil chick herself.

Dawn and PK - Thank you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home