Thursday, October 26, 2006

My belly cast

Warning: artistic boobage ahead.

My friend, who does belly casts professionally, came over this morning to do a belly cast for me. I'm 37 weeks today and it seemed like a good time for me to do it since who knows if baby boy is going to decide to come early or not (wishful thinking).

Anyway, it went well and I think the cast turned out beautifully. She's taking it home to smooth it out and put a primer on it and get it ready to hang. Then I can put it on the wall or paint it or whatever I decide to do. I need to look online for inspiration. I know there are a lot of cool things that can be done with them. Actually, with a quick search, I just found some cool ideas here and here. I love the one with the baby's footprints on the cast. So sweet!

My sis took some pics of the event. :)

Here I am getting covered in plaster:

Holding the belly cast after it dried and came off:

Just the cast:

4 Comments:

At 10/26/2006 9:43 PM, Blogger Julie said...

It turned out really well, Amy!

 
At 10/28/2006 8:07 AM, Blogger Amy T said...

That's neat! How long did you have to wear the plaster? Was it cold going on?

Let us know where you decide to display your new belly! :)

 
At 10/28/2006 4:23 PM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

julie - thanks :)

amy - it took about 45 minutes from when she started applying the plaster to when it came off, so not bad at all. it was a little cold going on, but my body temperature is so high these days, it could've just been me. ;) i'll probably display it in my bedroom after i paint it (though i'm not sure how i'm going to paint it yet).

 
At 10/29/2006 3:41 PM, Blogger Penny said...

Looks good! I've seen some lovely ones done here with paua and flax weaving.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home