Monday, October 23, 2006

36 week maternity pictures

I/we attempted to do some maternity pictures this weekend. It was NOT easy. First of all, I don't really have the room in my livingroom to fit us all into the picture (using my 50 mm lens) well. Secondly, it was a PITA going back and forth setting the timer each time. Thirdly, I decided maybe it would be easier to just have Jody take over the camera for some pics of me alone and me and Ava together. But unfortunately, he just doesn't have much experience using my camera, so most of the pictures came out blurry, but he did get some keepers. :)

Without further complaining ado, here they are:







We had our home visit with the midwives tonight which went well. I can't believe we are at the end of this pregnancy. I'll probably write more about it all another day.

On Thursday, a friend of mine is coming over to do a belly casting for me. I never wanted one with Ava, but I've seen some cool things done with them since then (Ninotchka's inspired me) and I think it would be nice to have. So I'm excited about that. :)

As Ava would say (courtesy of Aunt Carrie's teaching) - Peace out everybody. ;)

12 Comments:

At 10/23/2006 11:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Truly beautiful. Thanks for sharing. I did a belly cast with Aiyana. I still need to "design" it until I do it's tucked away in a a crate.

 
At 10/24/2006 12:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Amy,

Gorgeous pictures, even if it was hard getting them- you would never know by looking at them. It looks like Baby Boy has settled down pretty low as well. :-) I really like your blog too- very cool.

Heather

 
At 10/24/2006 10:59 AM, Blogger halloweenlover said...

Beautiful pictures! You look fantastic Amy!

 
At 10/24/2006 12:53 PM, Blogger Ms. Doe said...

You're whole family is glowing. :)

 
At 10/24/2006 2:53 PM, Blogger Isil Simsek said...

Truly beautiful pics!

 
At 10/24/2006 4:05 PM, Blogger Penny said...

Man you look good for 36 weeks Amy! No swelling (beyond the obvious LOL!) and a lovely round tum.

Great photos - it's jolly hard to get good ones when you do it yourself so you've done really well.

 
At 10/25/2006 1:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look wonderful, Amy, and you did a nice job considering you had to keep running back and forth. A real professional job. All of you look great. I need some copies.
Baby Boy will be here soon and I can't wait to meet him. Kisses and hugs to Ava.

 
At 10/25/2006 5:33 PM, Blogger Amy T said...

What BEAUTIFUL pictures! Everyone looks so happy and excited to meet baby boy, and it won't be long now!

 
At 10/26/2006 9:16 PM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

Thank you all for your sweet comments. :) It won't be long now, that's for sure!

And Raw Vegan Momma - Nice to "see" you! Hope you are doing well!

 
At 10/31/2006 2:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photos, Amy!
(As usual!)

Is that a black backdrop behind you? And natural light?
My goodness, I can't WAIT to see your newborn pics.

So glad you got to do a belly cast, what a treasure. My little boy came too early, and I didn't get to do it.
Enjoy these last few weeks, hope you continue to feel well!

Anna, mom to
Will 07-20-04
Henry 06-11-06

 
At 10/31/2006 10:22 PM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

Anna - Thank you. :)
It's a black vellux blanket hung up on a backdrop stand, and yes, natural light. I'm looking forward to taking pics of the newbie, though I kind of wish I had someone to do them for me so I could be in more of them. Ah well.
Thanks so much for the well wishes. :)

 
At 11/06/2006 9:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy,
So sorry I've been a stranger, but I haven't forgotten about you. In fact, tonight as I was catching up on blogs, I almost had a panic attack as I made my way to your blog, thinking "OMG, please say she didn't have her baby and I missed the whole thing!". Whew, looks like I made it in the nick of time. I have alot of catchin' up to do but just wanted to send my love. It's nearing both the end and the beginning for you I send you earthy, birthy vibes for a peaceful, powerful birth.
XOXO,

 

Post a Comment

<< Home