Monday, August 07, 2006

Calling all scrapbookers and stampers - helpin' out another mama

To make a long story short, my sister-in-law Debbie has fallen on some very hard times (both financially and emotionally lately). Her husband filed for divorce and then pursued an ugly custody battle in which he ended up winning custody of their two boys. I don't know a lot of the details, but it sounded to me like an unfair/unjust trial. It all went down in Tulsa County, OK, where a fathers' advocacy group has a stronghold on the judicial system - bulldogging the courts and spoonfeeding the dads information to manipulate the system. Her ex-husband is also asking for child support from her (when she was formerly a SAHM and he knows she doesn't have the money).

In order to handle the financial burden of court costs, plus the loss of an income for herself and her older daughter, AND make money for child support, Debbie is doing everything she can to get her online stamping and scrapbooking business (Stampin' Up!) going full force. She's also attending school in the fall to complete her family life education degree.

If you are a scrapbooker or stamper or into crafts, please give Debbie's Stampin' Up website a look (click on the "Online Catalog" to see the products she has available). If you know others who are into scrapbooking, please feel free to forward her site onto them or post a link to her site on your blog. Every little bit helps. :)

Even though Debbie has been dealing with Rheumatoid Arthritis for most of her life, has undergone several operations, and has been in an electric wheelchair for the past several years, she is a very independent and determined woman. I am quite confident that she can accomplish anything she puts her mind to - whether that be making this business a success or regaining custody of her sons one day.

Thanks for reading and thank you to those of you who can help out in whatever way that may be. :) I appreciate it and I know Debbie does too!

6 Comments:

At 8/07/2006 2:03 PM, Blogger KariDyan said...

I am also a SU! demonstrator, so I don't think i'll buy anything off her site. as k her if there is anything else I can do....can I stamp business cards for her? I would be more than happy to pray for her, if she'd like.

Just let me know.

 
At 8/07/2006 6:42 PM, Blogger Christina K. said...

How horrible! I can't imagine going through something like that.

 
At 8/07/2006 7:39 PM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

Vegancyclist - Thank you. I will ask her. I'm sure any prayers/positive thoughts would be VERY much appreciated. :)

Christina - I know. I can't imagine either. :(

 
At 8/07/2006 11:32 PM, Blogger KleoPatra said...

You are wonderful to help out your sister-in-law. I don't scrapbook but if i hear of/remember anyone i know of who does, i shall direct them to her site!

 
At 8/08/2006 8:26 AM, Blogger Amy T said...

Terrible situation and I'm sorry for the children in the middle of all this mess. If I come across a scrapbooker, I will point that person in your SIL's direction.

 
At 8/08/2006 8:49 AM, Blogger Harmonia said...

I bookmarked her site. Great things she has there. When my checkbook is back up to par I hope to persue an order.

:)

Sorry to hear about her tough times. I wish her the best.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home