Wednesday, May 31, 2006

My hero

My good friend Brandy gave birth to her second child - a boy named Trajan, who tipped the scales at 9 lbs. 10 oz.(!!) - yesterday at her home.

Her first son weighed 8 lbs., 13 oz. at birth, and we thought *he* was big.

Both births were completely natural and unmedicated, and Brandy is a big believer in Hypnobirthing. It's also worth mentioning that Brandy is only about 5 ft. 2 in. tall and weighs *maybe* 105 lbs. (if that) when not pregnant.

She is my birth goddess hero.

Congratulations, Brandy! You are an inspiration. And you are woman, hear you roar! :)

----------------------------------------
(By the way, I think this is the last of my pregnant friends to be birthing for a while. You thought the string of births was never going to end, didn't you? ;)

3 Comments:

At 6/01/2006 7:09 AM, Blogger Harmonia said...

Congrats to your friend!

:)

 
At 6/01/2006 8:32 AM, Blogger Amy T said...

You *DO* have a lot of friends giving birth! None of my friends OR family have kids, so I'm quite the loner in my circle. What big babies she had. And what an unusual name for her baby. Can't say yet whether I care for it or not, but yes, she is quite a super trouper mamma! :)

 
At 6/04/2006 9:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome for her! I know what you mean..all of mine were 8lbs and up.. but my doula/best friend's sister ..her first child (born at home of course) was 10lb 13oz.. big boy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home