Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Music to my ears

I had a doctor's appointment this afternoon and we got to hear the baby's heartbeat (or as Ava says "heartbeep") for the first time! :) It sounded wonderful and strong and was 170 beats per minute which is normal for this stage in the pregnancy.
We took along a tape recorder and recorded it, and, if I ever figure out how to transfer it from the tape to the computer, I will upload it. :)

All of the labwork they did at the first visit came back normal and my blood pressure today was good, so that was all nice to hear. I am up about 10 lbs. (gulp) from my pre-pregnancy weight, but nobody said anything to me about it and I'm sure it's fine, especially since I started off at the low end of the chart this time around. I was just kind of surprised to see what I'd gained. That's all to report from my appointment.

We leave for CA tomorrow so I will be running around like a chicken with it's head cut off tonight getting ready and packing. Thankfully our flight isn't until the evening so I can still get last minute stuff done tomorrow if I need to (and knowing me, I will need to!).

I'll probably blog once or twice while we're gone since Jody will have his laptop, but we'll see how it goes. Hope you all have a nice week. :) We'll be back to CO on Monday, May 22.

8 Comments:

At 5/16/2006 6:59 PM, Blogger Tami said...

Hey, Amy! Since you don't get over to the board as much, I thought I'd comment on your blog!

I'm so glad this pregnancy is going to well for you! I just know Ava will be a wonderful big sis. Congrats again!

 
At 5/16/2006 7:09 PM, Blogger KleoPatra said...

"Mazel Tov" as we say. Very glad to hear things are going well!!

 
At 5/17/2006 1:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy, Roxio Media Creater will transfer analog tape to digital format.

 
At 5/17/2006 4:32 AM, Blogger Nelly said...

Have fun Amy! Great news on the doc appt! It is always great to hear the heartbeat for the first time.

As you know, we leave tomorrow as well. I'll be thinking about you! Be safe and have fun!

 
At 5/17/2006 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the wonderful news. I hope you and the fam have fun on the coast. :)

 
At 5/17/2006 8:47 AM, Blogger Amy T said...

Isn't that first time hearing the heartbeat indeed music to the ears? I will never forget it and how wonderful that Ava got to hear it too. :)

Bon Voyage!!!

 
At 5/17/2006 9:19 AM, Blogger Julie said...

This, my friend, is how you put it on the computer: www.odeo.com - fantastic. Just found it last week.

Have fun in SF! I'm bummed we can't meet up, but have fun with the coupons that will be waiting for you! I sent them Monday, so they should be there already. I can't wait to see pictures!

 
At 5/17/2006 9:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad everythig is going well. Have a fatastic vacation!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home