Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Weekend recap

For the most part, it was a very nice three-day weekend here.

On Saturday, the roofers came around 8 a.m. and got started stripping the old shingles off the roof. Ava managed to sleep through all that noise for about an hour and a half before waking up. Lucky. Then I headed to my photoshoot that went pretty well, though - a word to the wise - a three-week-old baby will NOT fit into a belly cast done when mom was 36 weeks pregnant no matter how you try to bend her/him. ;) Thankfully, I wasn't the one doing the bending.
The rest of the day was spent listening to the roofers drop things LOUDLY (making all of our hearts jump), hammering and just making noise in general. I was so glad when they finished around 9 p.m., though wasn't pleased that they saved cleaning up the yard until it was pitch black outside. Go figure that we've found nails out there the next couple days. I think I'm going to ask that they come back out with their big magnet and try to find the rest of the nails. I DON'T want one ending up in either of the dogs' feet or Ava's! The good news is the roof looks great! :)

On Sunday we went to a couple stores looking for the Naturally Playful Sand and Water Activity Center for Ava's 2nd birthday (which is coming up in less than a month!). I was just going to order it from Amazon (cuz they had it on sale), but the shipping was outrageous. We managed to find a store that had them in stock and picked one up. It's going to be hard to NOT set it up before her birthday. Both Jody and I want to play. ;)

Yesterday we packed up a lunch and had a picnic on a blanket at a park in town. The weather was perfect and we had a good time. After lunch, Ava played on the playground there with a couple of older girls who seemed like they wanted to adopt her, and we also spent some time throwing (and skipping) rocks into the lake. I think we're going to have Ava's birthday party at that park. It's really pretty with the lake and great views of the mountains, and it has a picnic shelter, bathrooms, playground, and lots of open space for running around.
After that we came home at watched "Ray," which was really good. And then we had a cookout of Tofurky Beer Brats (which were quite tasty with grilled onions and mustard) and yams for dinner.

In baby news, I had an appointment with my doctor of choice (the one I will be sticking with) last week. We heard the heartbeat again and got the OK to schedule our ultrasound anywhere between 18 and 22 weeks. I'll be 16 weeks on Thursday, so it's coming up soon! It's kind of weird that we haven't seen the baby at all yet, because we'd already had a few ultrasounds at this point with Ava. Of course, the first was because we were under the care of a fertility doctor when we got pregnant with Ava. Then I had a subchorionic tear (bleeding) at 11 weeks with her and we had an ultrasound that day as well as a few after to make sure everything was going OK. So it's been wonderful to have not had to worry about anything with this baby so far (knock wood) and to be having a "normal" stress-free pregnancy. And, while it's nice to see the baby as it grows, I'm glad we haven't had a need for any ultrasounds because I've been reading/hearing more lately questioning their safety. Anyway, the appointment went well, the doctor took her time with me and was sure to answer any questions I had, and I just like her a lot. I'm so glad I took the time to interview her and not stick with the other practice just because that's who I started with.

6 Comments:

At 5/30/2006 9:01 PM, Blogger Christina K. said...

That's so great you found a good dr!! Glad all is well with the baby :)

 
At 5/31/2006 7:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, too, am very happy that you found an obstetrician that you are very comfortable with. That will make this pregnancy go well, hopefully, with less stress. Can't wait to find out the gender. See you in about three weeks. Looking forward to seeing all of you, but especially my sweet, special granddaughter, Ava.

 
At 5/31/2006 8:26 AM, Blogger Amy T said...

Are you going to find out the sex of the baby or keep it a surprise? What a relief that you have a doc you're happy with and most of all, that this pregnancy is going well. :)

 
At 5/31/2006 12:38 PM, Blogger Harmonia said...

I redid my links so I will visit more often! It notifies me of new posts!

What does the lil one think of a new baby in the house?

 
At 5/31/2006 5:10 PM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

christina - thank you. :)

grandma s (mom) - we're looking forward to your visit too! you won't believe how much ava has changed.

amy - the plan is to find out the sex and let everyone know, but then we'll keep the baby's name a secret until he/she is born. that's what we did w/ ava and i liked it.

harmonia - well, we won't know what she thinks about a new baby in the house until november, but she loves kissing my belly and talking to the baby for now. she also thinks she has a baby in her belly as well. :)

 
At 8/03/2022 10:08 AM, Anonymous Bed Bug Exterminator Macon said...

Thanks for this bllog post

 

Post a Comment

<< Home