Thursday, May 11, 2006

13 weeks today - pregnancy talk



This (my pregnancy ticker I have in my signature on some of the msg boards I visit) made me smile when I saw it today. Baby is practicing smiling, grimacing, frowning and squinting. Awww. :)

I'm 13 weeks today so I'm not sure if I'm officially in the second trimester this week or next, but either way, I'm close! I've been continuing to feel good, just feeling tired at times and the need to eat more frequently. I know I lost a few pounds after my stint with food poisoning (or whatever that was), but I think I probably have made up for it now. I haven't gotten on the scale lately so I can't say for sure.

I think I felt the baby moving last night as I sat at the computer proofing pictures from a recent session, but I'm not 100% sure. I know after your first pregnancy you are more likely to feel it earlier, but this might still be too early. I didn't feel Ava move until around 17 weeks, but what I felt last night (a few times) was down low and wasn't gas so....???

I have a doctor's appointment scheduled for next week (5/16) with the old practice. I decided to keep it even though I'm switching practices because I really want to hear the baby's heartbeat before we go on vacation to CA. We leave on 5/17. So I'm excited about that. :)

One of the presents Jody got me for my birthday was a gift certificate to Kohl's so I could buy myself some new maternity clothes. (I got rid of 99% of my maternity clothes from my pregnancy with Ava because I lost so much weight after she was born, they all would be huge on me.) So yesterday Ava and I went up there and I got three new shirts (two cute summery ones and one sweater on clearance for $2) and a pair of jeans (and Ava got some socks). I also went to a consignment store over the weekend and picked up three maternity shirts and a pair of khaki mat. capris. So I think I'm set for a little while - at least for our trip. I haven't been wearing any maternity clothes yet and I still feel funny about it because I'm not *that* big, but yet, some of my regular clothes aren't roomy enough. I am borrowing a pair of jeans from a friend (ones she wore when she was pregnant but not needing maternity clothes yet) and so far those have been working well, but that's only 1 pair of pants! I guess I will look more pregnant if I start dressing the part. ;)

-------------------------------------
In related pregnancy news, my friend Julie had her baby girl - "Lily" - on Monday. She had a successful VBAC (vaginal birth after cesarean) and both mommy and baby are doing great and nursing is going well! Congrats to Julie and fam. :) She's the first of my three friends due in May to give birth. May is such a great month for babies and new life! :)

7 Comments:

At 5/11/2006 10:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Amy!

And have a fun trip! I love SF! Definitely do a bread bowl of chowder on Fisherman's Wharf!!

I can't believe how big Ava is getting! And you look fabulous, you skinny girl! I want to know your secret! Everyone I know lost tons of weight while b/f-ing...not me! *sigh* :P We'll have to do lunch sometime this summer...REALLY!

 
At 5/11/2006 10:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

p.s. I'd love to pick your brain about organic/natural cooking, etc.

 
At 5/11/2006 11:42 AM, Blogger halloweenlover said...

Hurray for 13 weeks! I say that means you are in the second trimester! Yay!

Enjoy your trip and your new clothes!

 
At 5/11/2006 12:31 PM, Blogger Ms. Doe said...

Way to go momma on the VBAC!

Yay, that you're getting closer! I bet you felt the baby. I had those same feelings of "was that the baby" or "maybe that was the baby." It's all such a special time. :)

 
At 5/11/2006 6:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, I knew it had been a while since I stopped by, but WOW!!
Congrats on the pregnancy, how exciting...you look great by the way and Ava is getting so big.

 
At 5/12/2006 8:57 AM, Blogger Amy T said...

I love the exciting progression pregnancy brings. I would think that 13 weeks is offically the beginning of your 2nd trimester! Good on Jody getting you a certificate for some maternity clothes, too. I had to have mine made for me when I was living in Bangkok because the women there wear only HIDEOUS muumuus from beginning to end.

Indeed May is a great month for babies to be born. Aidan will be one year old on the 22nd! :) :)

 
At 5/12/2006 11:03 AM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

Suzy - Thanks! I don't really have a secret to my weightloss. I do think bfing played a big part, but I know that a lot of moms have trouble losing weight while bfing so it's hard to say. I think it also helped that Ava was such a chunk from the get-go so it was like lifting weights all day long. ;)
Yes, we do need to get together. And sure you can pick my brain about organics. Just email me.
Did Amelia turn one yet? I know it's right around this time? Happy birthday to her!

Nino - It's definitely going by faster this time around. I find I don't have the time to sit around and contemplate my pregnancy like I did with Ava. I have to make a conscious effort to think about the baby sometimes and send it lots of love. :)

HL - Thank you! I can't wait for our trip. :)

Tiffiny - Yeah, I'm really proud of my friend too. :)

Amy 1 - I didn't actually announce my pregnancy here until a couple weeks ago, but thank you! :)

Amy 2 - Oh my! I can't imagine wearing muumuus during pregnancy. They need to get some fashion over there. hehe. ;)
Wow! Aidan is almost 1!! He and Ava share the same birth day - Ava was born on the 22nd as well, but in June. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home