Friday, May 05, 2006

Happy weekend!

First of all, Happy Cinco de Mayo today. :) I don't know that I'd ever heard of Cinco de Mayo until I moved to Oklahoma and then Colorado, and not being Hispanic, I can't say I really celebrate it for the true meaning. But every year, Jody and I always have a Mexican dinner full of yummy foods for our own celebration. I need to figure out what I'm going to make tonight.

On a semi-related note (only in that this is a Mexican song), I've had "La Cucaracha" stuck in my head for a while now so I've been singing it (*"La Cucaracha, La Cucaracha, la la la la la la la. La Cucaracha, La Cucaracha, la la la la la la la!") every now and then. Anyway, Ava picked it up and started singing it in bed in the middle of the night the other night! Cracked me up when I realized what she was doing!

*I don't really know the words, though I did just look them up and it turns out it's about marijuana. LOL I had no idea. This is all that I sing.

--------------------------------

After having a break from photoshoots for the past three weeks, I have a maternity session tomorrow with one of my many pregnant friends. It should be fun. :)

--------------------------------

And on Sunday, I will celebrate my 31st birthday! Hard to believe I'm turning 31. I think the time definitely seems to go by faster once you've had a child. I don't know if we are doing anything special to celebrate. I suppose we might go out to eat, but then, we'll see. Jody and I are still pretty gun shy about food these days.

--------------------------------

And now (to enlighten you) I will leave you with a couple verses and the chorus (English translation) to La Cucaracha. :)

1 When a fellow loves a maiden
And that maiden doesn't love him,
It's the same as when a bald man
Finds a comb upon the highway.

Chorus:
The cucaracha, the cucaracha,
Doesn't want to travel on
Because she hasn't,
Oh no, she hasn't
Marihuana for to smoke.

2 All the maidens are of pure gold;
All the married girls are silver;
All the widows are of copper,
And old women merely tin.

7 Comments:

At 5/05/2006 11:45 AM, Blogger Nelly said...

I apologize for being early with this wish, but I know I won't be online on Sunday to do it...HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR AMY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!

Hope you do something special for it!

 
At 5/05/2006 11:51 PM, Blogger jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

Happy early Birthday!!!!!!!!

 
At 5/06/2006 4:16 PM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

nelly and jess - thanks for the b'day wishes. :)

 
At 5/07/2006 7:09 AM, Blogger Isil Simsek said...

Dear Amy,
Happy birthday!
I also turned 31,on 29th of April.
Wishing you lots of happiness!

 
At 5/07/2006 9:57 AM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

thanks isil. and happy belated 31st b'day to you too! :)

 
At 5/08/2006 1:37 PM, Blogger halloweenlover said...

Happy Birthday Amy!!

Ok, I have to admit I'm a little traumatized because that is NOT the cucaracha song I was taught as a child. Ours is:

The cucaracha (which means the little cockroach), the cucaracha,
She cannot travel on
Because she's missing,
Oh no, she hasn't
Her two back legs to walk around.

Equally morbid, I suppose, but more age appropriate.

 
At 5/08/2006 2:43 PM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

Nino and HL - Thank you! :)

HL - LOL Yes, morbid, but not about drugs, which is good it it's to be considered a kids' song. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home