Monday, May 08, 2006

Let them eat cake

Here are a few pics from my birthday yesterday.

I made this super yummy carrot cake from scratch, using my friend's mom's recipe. (It has pineapple between the layers.) It turned out sooooo tasty! The recipe made a lot of cream cheese frosting, but I decided not to put it all on the cake, since it was already so decadent, and tossed a fair amount.




Excuse my no make-up face. I had a headache for much of the day and didn't even shower until about 5 p.m. Thankfully my headache cleared up and I was able to enjoy our takeout dinner from Old Chicago and the cake that I made. Also, I'm not sure what's up with the weird shadowy things on my chest in these pics. I guess they were a reflection from the candles?



And yes, Ava is poking her finger fingerS into the cake and licking them off while the pics are being taken and Jody is singing "happy birthday" to me. ;) She usually loves to sing happy birthday, but apparently not when there's a cake in front of her. LOL She and I split a piece of cake and she ate as much as I did. It's amazing she slept last night.



Other than the headache, it was a nice birthday. Jody made breakfast and lunch, changed all of the diapers all day (woohoo!), I got to take a nap alone in the morning, Jody and I got some alone time in the afternoon while Ava napped, and I even got some presents. :) I can't complain.

Thanks for all the birthday greetings. :)

8 Comments:

At 5/08/2006 6:21 PM, Blogger KleoPatra said...

Awwwwwwww! CUTE!!! Happy, happy birthday to you!

 
At 5/08/2006 7:23 PM, Blogger Ms. Doe said...

Um...hello?!! Where's the recipe?! ;)

I'm glad you had a good birthday. It's best when you're surrounded by those you love. :)

 
At 5/08/2006 9:53 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Happy!

And Ava's dimple! Oy!

 
At 5/09/2006 3:25 AM, Blogger Nelly said...

Sorry about your headache, what a bummer! Glad to hear it didn't ruin the whole day!

 
At 5/09/2006 2:23 PM, Blogger Amy T said...

Happy Happy Birthday to you! It looks like it was a great day, despite your headache. That cake looks delicious. :)

 
At 5/10/2006 9:47 PM, Blogger Darlene said...

Omigawd, I can't believe how cute Ava's gotten. And she's grown so much! Happy Birthday to you!

 
At 5/11/2006 11:41 AM, Blogger halloweenlover said...

Happy Birthday! That cake sounds unbelievable! Any chance we could sneak a peek at the recipe?

 
At 5/11/2006 3:44 PM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

Thank you all. :)

Let me see if I can get that cake recipe typed up one of these days. It's hand-written on a recipe card right now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home