Monday, April 24, 2006

Ava wants to share some news with you...



Yep, we are expecting baby #2!! :)

I have to admit that we've known for a while now, but I wasn't feeling ready to share the news publicly until now. I'm actually 10 1/2 weeks pregnant and my "guess date" is Nov. 16. It's been incredibly hard keeping my mouth shut on my blog because so many things in my life lately have revolved around being pregnant! So I'm relieved to have finally told my secret so I can start blabbing about baby stuff and all the things that have been running through my mind lately.

I never wrote about our experience getting pregnant with Ava (or her labor and birth, but I will save that for another day), but it was a long road for us. I charted religiously for months before starting on fertility testing. It was determined that Jody had a low-ish sperm count and we opted to try intrauterine insemination in hopes of getting pregnant since it wasn't happening the "old fashioned way." Our second month of IUI worked (though we still have our suspicions she was conceived naturally since we followed up our IUI with intercourse), and Ava was born 9 months later. :)

So while we had sort of started "trying" to get pregnant with baby #2, we weren't expecting anything to happen for several months at the very least. But, we were PLEASANTLY SURPRISED when my period didn't show and I tested positive (a few times even - just to be sure).

Case in point:
Can't argue with that!

Apparently, when you aren't stressing over it and charting and you already have one wonderful child, it can help things just happen on their own. :)

That's all for today. I will, undoubtedly, be writing a lot more about this pregnancy and all the decisions I've been trying to make lately (doctor? midwife? hospital birth? homebirth?! and other things regarding vegetarianism, how much protein do I need due to my history of complications w/ Ava's birth?, etc... - all requiring lots of thought and research and none of which would be made lightly) in the near future.

Thanks for reading. :)

21 Comments:

At 4/24/2006 5:52 PM, Blogger Primal Mama said...

very happy for you guys :)

We had trouble getting preggo with Ellie and did fertility testing as well, it was determined to be *my* issue not D's,(though with all the testing I did, I was secretly amused by his one embaressing test, lol) and we did clomid for months, long road, but well worth it :)

And yay! I get to knit for a wee lil babe, soakers? booties? hats? let me know!

 
At 4/24/2006 6:08 PM, Blogger KleoPatra said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

 
At 4/24/2006 6:09 PM, Blogger Christina K. said...

Yea!! Congrats to you and your family :)

 
At 4/24/2006 6:10 PM, Blogger Info for you said...

Already posted on the board but I wanted to say congrats again!! :)

I'm going to live through you!!!

 
At 4/24/2006 6:51 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Big, HUGE congrats!

 
At 4/24/2006 8:21 PM, Blogger Spookygirl said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! How exciting!!

 
At 4/24/2006 10:58 PM, Blogger jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

Oh my gosh, congratulations all three of you beautiful people!!! and more!! I look forward to hearing more~

 
At 4/25/2006 12:24 AM, Blogger Ms. Doe said...

Yay!!! I'm so happy for you! Tons of love to you all right now! :)

 
At 4/25/2006 2:20 AM, Blogger Isil Simsek said...

congratulations and lots of love!These days I'm hearing a lot of people getting pregnant. Is it smth in the air ;)

 
At 4/25/2006 3:20 AM, Blogger Nelly said...

FINALLY!!! I've almost asked how you are feeling and stuff...forgettting you haven't posted about it yet in the blogworld! CONGRATS Amy & Jody!!!!! This is wonderful news and all on your own. I pray you have zero complications like you did last time. Keep us posted...I know you will!

 
At 4/25/2006 8:30 AM, Blogger Amy T said...

That's some really fantastic news Amy! I'm so happy that Ava's gonna get to be a big sister! :) :)

 
At 4/25/2006 8:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!

 
At 4/25/2006 9:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! That is sooooo wonderful! I can't wait to read about everything your family will be going through! Go Ava... you rock that t-shirt!

 
At 4/25/2006 10:14 AM, Blogger Eat Peace Please said...

Congrats! I love that T Ava's wearing!

 
At 4/25/2006 7:10 PM, Blogger Mom2Cass said...

Congrats Amy! What wonderful news.

Stacy

 
At 4/25/2006 9:36 PM, Blogger gosonja said...

Congrats Amy!
We are so happy for you and can't wait to watch your experience through your blog.

 
At 4/26/2006 12:13 PM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

Thank you all for the congratulations. :)

Dawn - I agree. Everything we go thru to get our kids is so very worth it. :)
Ooooh, soakers??! I never had any of those with Ava. :)

Jess - You are too funny. :)

Nelly - Thanks. We are keeping a very positive outlook and things look good that this will be a healthy pregnancy, labor and birth!

Eatpeaceplease - I actually sell those t's on my CafePress store. See the banner ad at the top of my blog. ;)

S. - No problem adding me there. Thx for letting me know.

 
At 4/27/2006 11:16 AM, Blogger clew said...

Congratulations, Amy!

Incrediboy was born in November - it's a good month. :)

 
At 4/27/2006 3:11 PM, Blogger halloweenlover said...

Hurray hurray hurray! I'm soooo happy for you Amy! YAY YAY YAY!

 
At 4/29/2006 8:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATS AMY ON BABY #2!!! Ava is going to make a GREAT BIG Sister!! I hope you have a happy healthy uneventful 9 months!!

 
At 5/01/2006 8:06 PM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

clew, nino, HL and sarah - thank you for your congrats as well! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home