Saturday, April 15, 2006

Ugh - taxes!

Here it is April 15 and we still haven't filed our 2005 income taxes. Maybe I shouldn't be admitting it on my very public blog, but the good thing is that since "tax day" falls on a Saturday this year, we have until Monday to file. So we aren't late - yet. What a relief!

Generally we would've filed by now, because let's face it, everybody wants their tax return. But...this year we aren't getting any money back. In fact, we owe. (Not a lot, but still.) Jody adjusted his withholdings this past year so that we'd get the maximum amount of money in each paycheck so we could afford to actually pay our bills. (Novel concept, I know.) But because of this, the gov't didn't get quite enough and we owe a couple hundred bucks.

Anyway, I am thankful for Turbo Tax and the fact that we pretty much have our taxes already done, we just need to give it the old once-over and submit it and send off our hard-earned moolah. Should be pretty easy, so why do we keep putting it off?

4 Comments:

At 4/15/2006 11:34 PM, Blogger Ms. Doe said...

Because you owe. ;)

I did mine as soon as I could to get my money back! If I were in your shoes, I would wait as well. :)

 
At 4/16/2006 8:43 AM, Blogger Amy T said...

I think just about everybody hates tax day! I love your picture you used in your post! LOL! We filed only a few days ago, so I think most folks put it off til the very end. At least you don't owe a lot!

 
At 4/16/2006 10:34 AM, Blogger Eat Peace Please said...

Because it's a pain in the butt anyway. At least you don't owe a lot and hopefully your bills were paid on time. Once they're in, forget about it for another 11.75 months!

 
At 4/18/2006 12:55 PM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

well we got the darn thing submitted in time. hooray!
turns out we owed more to state than we thought though so our total owed was more like $400, which sucks but what can ya do? it could be worse.
at least it's done and over with for another year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home