Thursday, March 30, 2006

The things you can do with felt

I bought some blue felt yesterday to try out as a backdrop for future photoshoots, specifically the one I have on Saturday of a 6-month-old girl. Ava was kind enough to indulge me a bit today, so that I could play, I mean, practice. ;)

I think I need to iron it to get out the wrinkles (you can really see them in the first pic) and find a way to get it to hang tighter on my backdrop stand, but I think it will work out pretty nicely and is a relatively inexpensive backdrop.

I was pleased to discover the light in my livingroom was better than I originally thought, so maybe I could do shoots here at my house after all. We'll see. Oh, and I ran an action on these pics called "colour wow" which I just LOVE. Really makes the colors pop! :)

Here's my lil punkin. Thanks for looking.


I think this one is my new favorite of her. :)

7 Comments:

At 3/31/2006 12:10 AM, Blogger Ms. Doe said...

Of course your little one is so cute! Everytime I see new pics of her, she makes me smile. :) You really do take some good shots. Is she wearing lipstick, or are her lips that pretty color on their own? If so, I'm jelous!

 
At 3/31/2006 12:19 AM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

Tiffiny, Thank you. :) No lipstick. ;) Someone asked that question about her lips on a photography forum I posted the pic on too. Her lips are naturally very rosy/pink (she's a lucky girl) and I ran an action on the pics that makes the color stand out more.

 
At 3/31/2006 7:17 AM, Blogger Amy T said...

I have to agree with Tiffany that Ava looks adorable and she DOES have really rosy lips. :) The blue backdrop looks great.

 
At 3/31/2006 11:06 AM, Blogger jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

Ava is such a beautiful girl! And very crafty with the felt, kudos!

 
At 3/31/2006 3:28 PM, Blogger Avery's mom said...

Is she wearing lipstick? she has the most colorful expression

 
At 3/31/2006 4:20 PM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

Amy and Jess - Thank you. :)

Avery's mom - No, no. No lipstick for this lil girl. Her lips are naturally very rosy.

 
At 4/01/2006 11:53 AM, Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

I love that middle photo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home