Saturday, April 01, 2006

He's baaaaaack and other random stuff

I didn't write about it earlier (for safety, etc.), but Jody was back out in California for work for much of this past week. It was hard having him gone two weeks in a row (much props to all the single parents out there), but this looks like it will be a rare occurence.

He spent most of his time at the Googleplex this week and keeps raving about the gourmet meals he ate while there. (For those of you who missed it, Jody's company was recently acquired by Google.) They actually have gourmet chefs that work in the cafeterias on the Google campus. He was proud to say that he can't recall being hungry the whole time he was there because there was always food to eat. I guess they joke that when you first start working there many employees gain the "Google 15" just like the "Freshman 15" in college. I can see how that would be very easy to do after all the yummy things Jody has said he ate. The thing he keeps bringing up though is some cheesecake topped with mango marmelade and damnit it all if that doesn't get my jonesin' for some myself. Mmmmmmm.

Now onto other random stuff...

Anyway, now that he's back, he will be tackling the delightful necessary task of rounding up the deceased mice in the garage tomorrow. Not a fun job, but one that I gladly saved for him (and I'm so grateful that he will be doing it and not me). ;)

I had a great photoshoot today with a 6-month-old little girl. I'm excited to start proofing it, but since Jody has been gone so much lately, I'm not spending much time on the computer this weekend so we can have some family time. :)

This coming week should be a fun one. We are planning on going on a tour with some friends of a local dairy to see the new baby goats on Tuesday. Then Tuesday night Jody's work is having a big party to celebrate the Google acquisition. Families are invited and I think it will be a fun time for all of us. On Wednesday we are going to try to go to a play group (if we can get our butts out of bed early enough).

Oh, Ava's started singing song with the actual words lately. She can sing the "Happy Birthday" song. It's not in key, but it's so cute. :) She also loves to sing "Itssshh spider" (Itsy bitsy spider) and "Tinkle tinkle" (Twinkle twinkle little star) though can't do the words to those as well as "Happy birthday."

This time change thing is going to be a beotch to get used to, I can already tell. We're already late to bed, late to rise kind of people and this will make us even later (which we really don't need). Anyway, hopefully we can do some adjusting this week.

On that note, I should probably get myself to bed.

3 Comments:

At 4/02/2006 10:15 AM, Blogger Ms. Doe said...

Yeah, I suffered from the "Freshman 15" as well. Terrible thing is that I'm still suffering from it, and it's not just 15 anymore! :(

 
At 4/03/2006 9:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

See that's why I thought it was best not to go to college, spare myself the extra 15 :)

 
At 4/04/2006 7:45 AM, Blogger Amy T said...

That's great that Jody had such a wonderful time at Google. It's a throwback to the days of corporate extravagance in Silicon Valley. I used to work for Excite, when it was the main competetor of Yahoo and we had all the catered food and games and parties. I remember we held a few quarterly meetings at Paramount's Great America (huge amusement park with awsome roller coasters). I gave all that up just before the dot com bust to go live and teach in Thailand. Excite announced bankruptcy shortly afterward.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home