Saturday, March 18, 2006

A few treats for myself

Since we have a little extra money at the moment, I decided to treat myself to a few new things this weekend.

First off, I finally got a pair of Crocs. I've been wanting some for well over a year now (maybe two or three, I don't remember) but just never took the plunge. Jody was buying a new pair of shoes today so I took advantage of the moment and asked if I could get some too (he hates Crocs by the way), and he indulged me. Yay! I got the fuschia pair. I wanted to get a pair for Ava too, but the smallest size seems a little too big for her still. hehe. Just wait. ;)

For those of you who are unfamiliar with Crocs, the company that makes them is based right near here in Boulder, CO, and just about everyone and their sister/brother has at least one pair around here. They are supposed to be uber-comfy. I guess I'll let ya know. ;) I know a lot of people think they are fugly as can be, but c'est la vie. I like 'em.

The other thing I got for myself (which was VERY much needed) was a new nursing bra. My "good" one that I bought before Ava was born has seen much better days (and it doesn't fit quite right now that my boobs are not nearly as big as they were right after she was born). So I got a nice, new Bravado bra. Yay again!

It's not often that I get to splurge on myself so it's pretty fun when I do. :)

I also picked up a few things for the photography business - two large pots and a wooden crate (to help keep babies/kids in one place), and some faux flowers. I really need to pick up some tulle and ribbon to make some tutus as well. :)

Oh, speaking of the biz, I got my backdrop stand and a free roll of white seamless paper in this week so I did a bit of playing with it with Ava the other day. Here are a few that I took. (click the pic to see it larger.)




Hope you all have a nice weekend. It's raining here and snow is expected overnight and tomorrow. Blah.

10 Comments:

At 3/18/2006 11:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice pics! I like the one from behind, its so cute!

I love crocs! I need to get a new pair though, after a year the strap finally broke off, while going down the slide with Ellie... We all have a pair except for Ellie. Like you said, the smallest ones still seem so big. Mine are purple, Dh's are the sage green, O has red and J has 2 pairs of blue because O outgrew her first pair in like 3 months, lol.

They take a lil bit to get used to, they are so light its like not wearing shoes. :D

 
At 3/19/2006 9:01 AM, Blogger Ms. Doe said...

Um...no comment on the shoes. ;)

I wish I knew about those bras when I was still nursing. All I ever found were the boring white bras. I always thought someone would make tons of money with some pretty nursing bras. Turns out someone already is! :)

Love the pics. I want someone to take some of me, of my belly. I called a local lady who does a great job, but she never called me back. Guess she doesn't want my business. You want to drive to CA? ;)

 
At 3/19/2006 10:20 AM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

Dawn - Glad to hear the whole fam enjoys the shoes. ;) I've already told Jody how comfy they are but I don't think he'd ever dream of wearing a pair. Ah well.

Heather - I hear ya about the shoes and being pregnant. I remember only wearing slip-on shoes towards the end with Ava. Also my feet and ankles were swollen so I couldn't have fit into tie shoes anyway. ;)
And yes! It will be so fun for you to have a newborn to photograph! I look forward to seeing your pics. Not long at all to go now! :)

Tiffiny - LOL about no comment on the shoes. I know you won't be the only one. hehe.
I would love to come to CA to photograph you! Want to pay my airfare? Maybe the couple you are surrogating for would pay? ;)
Actually, my dh has a conference out there in San Jose sometime soon and I wanted to take Ava and go with him, but it didn't work out. Bummer!
Oh, and the bra I got isn't really a pretty one (I'm a comfort/practical kinda girl), but it's nice to know that pretty nursing bras do exist.

 
At 3/19/2006 2:29 PM, Blogger gosonja said...

Amy, too cool on the crocs. I got my pair of orange ones when I was prego. My feet had started to swell and I knew I would be devastated if I knew just how swollen my feet had gotten, so I bought crocs, and from then on I didn't even know they were swollen :)
I love my bravada bras...I have a white one and a leopard one...every girl has to own at least one leopard item :)
It's so nice to splurge sometimes, and you deserved it!

 
At 3/19/2006 4:55 PM, Blogger Julie said...

That's so funny you posted about the crocs. I tried them on some time ago, and they looked awful on me - my feet are so long. I saw last week at the mall, however, that they now have flip flop crocs! I'm quite excited, and looking at getting a pair next week. Woot!

 
At 3/19/2006 8:34 PM, Blogger Info for you said...

YAY you got some!!
DH won't let me spend money on the "real' one's so I get payless specials :) That's ok though.
I have light blue and green.
Emalee has pink and I want to get Reagan a pair soon too. The smallest Payless has is size 5..she is almost there :)

Love the new pics of her :)

 
At 3/20/2006 9:16 AM, Blogger Christina K. said...

Those pics are so cute and I am jealous of the crocs. I tried some on last weekend and they are soooo comforatable!!

 
At 3/20/2006 9:51 PM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

Sonja - I thought about the orange ones too but decided to go with the most obnoxious color, partially to mess with Jody (since he already hates them) I think. ;) hehe.

Julie - Yay! Let me know how you like the flip-flops.

Camille - That's cool that you all have them as well. They are so comfy, I'm already thinking that I need another pair in a different color. :)

Christina - Thanks. :) So, wow! They are selling them in MI now? Do you see many ppl wearing them there?

Rowan - Funny you should mention Keens - that's what Jody just bought. I saw some of the Keen women's shoes as well and they look pretty cool. :) Btw, I'm so bummed your experience w/ Boulder was such a crappy one.

 
At 3/21/2006 2:53 PM, Blogger Christina K. said...

Haven't seen anyone wearing them yet. Still a bit too cold. The sell the crocks at a few stores but the knock offs are everywhere!!

 
At 3/22/2006 11:59 AM, Blogger Avery's mom said...

congrats on the new nursing bra! sounds like mommy needed an update and I love Bravado...they are so comfy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home