Thursday, February 23, 2006

Just too busy

I've been home for two days, but just haven't had a chance to do much blogging.

Yesterday was spent doing tons of laundry, cleaning up the house and getting caught up on various things. And last night was a ladies' night out for my AP group. A group of seven of us all got dinner at a local restaurant. The food was delicious, but they made a mistake on my order (Mediterranean wrap with sundried tomatoes, hummus, olives, spinach) and put chicken in it! And, what's even worse is I ate a few bites before I realized it. :( Ugh. I thought something tasted off on it, but I couldn't put my finger on it until I actually saw some of the chicken poking out of the wrap and was like WTF is that??! I felt like such a tool for eating it and not realizing it was chicken. Duh. I told the waitress about it since they charged me for adding chicken to it (and I didn't feel I should have to pay for something I didn't want) and she apologized profusely. Guess I need to inspect my food more closely when dining out.

The other thing that's been occupying my time is playing with my NEW 50mm LENS!! :) I'm so thrilled to have it and have been enjoying playing with it the past two days. I got some cute shots of Ava today. Here's the only one I've proofed so far.

The lens cost a pretty penny, but I'm paying for it using money I've made from my CafePress store. (Hooray for a little extra income.) It will be soooo useful to me in my portrait photography and is well worth the investment.

The lil girlie is napping now so I should go get some other stuff done. I have a new recipe to post - a casserole I made for Jody and Ava last night using carrots, Quorn "meat"balls, veggie crumbles, tomato sauce, cream, cheese and bread crumbs - that was delicious. (I had leftovers today.) I didn't write it all down though so I'll have to go from memory.

5 Comments:

At 2/23/2006 5:46 PM, Blogger halloweenlover said...

Beautiful picture!

I'm in the process of camera buying now! I'm leaning toward the canon digital rebel xt.

 
At 2/23/2006 6:41 PM, Blogger Christina K. said...

I'm jealous of the lens!! I can't wait to get one for my camera! Great picture of Ava :)

 
At 2/23/2006 11:10 PM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

HL - thank you. oooh, have fun w/ your new camera. :)

christina - which camera do you have? i think most 50 mm lenses are only around $100 (which isn't that bad if you ask me), but since olympus uses the 4/3 ratio system, i can only buy one brand of lenses which, of course are nearly 5 times that amount.
and thank you. :)

 
At 2/24/2006 10:24 AM, Blogger jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

Ava is soooo pretty!

I want a new camera, among other things..like a new blender, a food processor, shoes..oy.

Hidden meat in food is the worst. Reminds me not to take veg restaurants for granted!

 
At 2/24/2006 10:26 AM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

Jess - Thank you. :)
I would love to get a food processor as well. I use my blender for everything, but it doesn't always cut it.
And yes, what is up w/ hidden meat?? I felt like such a dweeb for not realizing it right away, but then, I've only been a vegetarian for about a month and a half so the chicken didn't seem like a totally foreign substance to me. Ah, live and learn.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home