Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Some pics from the trip home

OK, I know I'm doing this totally backwards (working on pics from our drive home tonight first), but I'm left-handed and tend to do things a bit differently. I've also been known to read magazines backwards.

Honestly, I took a ton of pics on JUST our drive home tonight (Jody was driving - phew!) ;). I filled my memory card and even had to go back and delete some pics so I'd have more room to play. After reading a bit in a couple photography magazines (backwards, of course), I got inspired and decided to play around with exposure using the sunset and then with car headlights. My experimenting produced some neat results.

Here are some of us on the way home and then a couple of my "playing" pics. :) Click the pics to see them larger.

Ava - just waking up after a nap in the car:


Jody - looking so cool while driving:


The plains of Colorado and me - in the sideview mirror (Honestly, that picture is mostly of me - the view is not of anything in particular. I just thought it was cool to catch myself in the mirror.):


The sunset tonight in Colorado (purposely underexposed):


Car and traffic lights at night (long exposure):

7 Comments:

At 2/22/2006 6:48 AM, Blogger Nelly said...

Can't wait to see the rest of the pix! Glad you are home safe too!

I see Ava was allowed to bring a friend with her! hee hee ;)

 
At 2/22/2006 7:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good photos. Looks like you were having fun. Loved the sunset and Ava with her "Baby"-cute. Looking forward to the whole story.

 
At 2/22/2006 8:59 AM, Blogger Amy T said...

I love your photos! And the one with you in the rearview mirror is creative -- I like pictures like that. :) Welcome home!

 
At 2/22/2006 12:44 PM, Blogger Harmonia said...

Come check out the new Meme I started! It’s the Midweek Munchies Post with a code to (hopefully) make it easier. I would love for you to help get this thing started and help spread the word! I think it will be fun!!!
Harmonia
http://harmonia.blogsome.com

 
At 2/22/2006 3:02 PM, Blogger jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

Love the photos! Beautiful family : )
I dig the light effects photo with the neon~

 
At 2/22/2006 10:41 PM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

Thank you all. :) Sorry I didn't get a chance to blog today. Had to catch up on piles of laundry and get the house in order, then had a girls' night out tonight.

 
At 2/23/2006 12:31 PM, Blogger Isil Simsek said...

Welcome home!
Glad you're back with those nice photos.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home