Sunday, October 09, 2005

Winter storm (what?!) headed our way


This from The Weather Channel:
...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM MDT MONDAY...

A RAIN AND SNOW MIXTURE WILL TURN TO ALL SNOW BY MIDNIGHT. THE SNOW WILL BE HEAVY AT TIMES ESPECIALLY NEAR THE FOOTHILLS FROM BOULDER SOUTHWARD AND ACROSS PALMER DIVIDE AREA THROUGH MONDAY. TOTAL ACCUMULATIONS OF 6 TO 18 INCHES CAN BE EXPECTED ACROSS THE FRONT RANGE I-25 CORRIDOR...WITH THE HEAVIEST SNOW OVER THE SOUTHERN SECTIONS OF THE DENVER METRO AREA. UP TO 2 FEET OF SNOW IS POSSIBLE OVER DOUGLAS AND WESTERN ELBERT COUNTIES.

THIS AMOUNT OF SNOW WILL PRODUCE CONSIDERABLE AND POTENTIALLY DEVASTATING TREE DAMAGE. WIDESPREAD AND PROLONGED POWER OUTAGES CAN BE EXPECTED.

REMEMBER...A WINTER STORM WARNING MEANS HAZARDOUS WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE IMMINENT OR HIGHLY LIKELY. SIGNIFICANT SNOW ACCUMULATIONS ARE OCCURRING OR EXPECTED. THIS WILL MAKE TRAVEL VERY HAZARDOUS OR IMPOSSIBLE.

Well, I'm off to bed. It doesn't sound like we should get hit too hard by this so I hope we won't lose electricity in the middle of the night or Monday or it's gonna get downright cold in here!

I'm so not ready for snow yet! It's barely fall for pete's sake. :o(

Update 10/10/05: Guess it was a false alarm. It didn't get cold enough for snow where I live (whew!), but we sure are getting a lot of rain.

8 Comments:

At 10/10/2005 12:10 PM, Blogger Amy T said...

I heard about that storm on the radio just now. It's barely mid-October! WOW! Glad the storm isn't coming your way; it sounds like you may have a long winter ahead...

 
At 10/10/2005 2:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like your weathermen(women) are as good as ours are here in michigan...they are never right!

i love it when they make a huge deal out of a storm (expecially snow). like "expect 10 to 12 inches tonight", and you wake up to a dusting....how can they be sooo off??....well glad they were wrong for your sake anyway.

 
At 10/10/2005 3:59 PM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

Whew! I wondered how it was for you. Glad all is well.

 
At 10/10/2005 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know you can send that snow my way! I love snow! ;-)

 
At 10/11/2005 3:29 AM, Blogger Rambler said...

Good for u! I am not sure i like the sound of loosing electricity in the middle of the night!!

 
At 10/11/2005 9:27 AM, Blogger Jody said...

Speaking of snow, I'm looking now at the results of that 'snow storm' on our mountains. Frosty coated mountain tops are beautiful in the morning sun. (c: I'm glad it stayed up there, I'll let it come in December if I can, but I don't want it too early.

 
At 10/11/2005 5:16 PM, Blogger Katy said...

Well, the wind knocked out my cable. BOOHOO

 
At 10/11/2005 11:26 PM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

I'm fine with snow, just not til late November (at the earliest). ;)

Shelby, yeah, they are always doing that around here.

R2Ks, thanks. :)

Vegan Momma, whereabouts are you?

Blogwriter, no kiddin! :)

Jody, wish I would've seen it. By the time we got up and around today, it was pretty hazy over the mountains. Couldn't even see them.

Allison, I could deal with 70s. I think that's the perfect temp. Welcome to my blog. :)

Katy, sorry to hear about your cable. That sucks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home