Thursday, September 15, 2005

There really IS something in the water

There MUST be something in the water. Another friend announced today that she's also pregnant with baby #2! That makes four of my close friends (in this area) all pregnant with their second child. We're all on the advisory committee for our AP group too. Sheesh, I didn't know being pregnant was a prerequisite for the committee. I'll have to check my "job description" again. J/K No pressure for me though, huh? ;-)

It would almost make me wonder if I was pregnant too except that I recently received confirmation that I'm not. How do I know? No, not 'cuz I got my period - I *still* haven't had a period since Ava was born. It's been two lovely years of no pads or tampons (or the Diva Cup - which I plan to order whenever my cycles return. It's really amazing how many women I know who are using the Diva these days - both crunchies and non-crunchies alike!). Anyway, back to my story and why I know I'm not pg...When I was at the doctor a couple weeks ago for my annual exam, she commented that my cervix had a blue-ish tint to it and that commonly happens with pregnancy. So she ordered a pg test and I peed in a cup. It came back negative. *insert both sigh of relief and slight disappointment here* Not sure why my cervix is blue (maybe it's sad), but it ain't cuz I'm gestating. ;-)

So now I must extend my congratulations to Heather as well! I'm looking forward to watching all of your bellies grow and learning from you as you all continue to breastfeed while pregnant and then go on to tandem nurse (provided your first nurslings don't self-wean before then). Belly rubs to all. ;)

This seems like a good time for a friendly reminder and shameless plug that I sell "I'm going to be a big brother" and "I'm going to be a big sister" shirts! Newly redesigned too! ;)

3 Comments:

At 9/15/2005 3:08 PM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

Cute shirts!

Does your cervix turn blue from nursing too? Just wondering.

Oh, by the way, with my second pregnancy blood and pee tests were neg, the doctor said I couldn't get pregnant (yet again), and I knew I was--and I was. FYI. Not that I am saying you are ;)

 
At 9/15/2005 3:22 PM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

Hmm, good question about the cervix and nursing. I'll have to see what I can find on the 'net.

Oh and thanks for planting THAT seed in my head! LOL

And thanks about the shirts too. :)

 
At 9/20/2005 2:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm one of the water drinkers Amy's hiding from. hee hee No really, thanks for the happy wishes Amy and you can rub my lil belly anytime! :) Love ya!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home