Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Good news x 2


Hooray! We had a great first meeting of our local chaper of Attachment Parenting International this morning. There were about 16 moms (and 1 dad), as well as lots of babies and toddlers. Not a bad turnout for our very first meeting!

We had a lactation consultant as our featured speaker and she discussed extended nursing (nursing past 12 months), nursing while pregnant and tandem nursing (nursing two children, generally a toddler and an infant).

Everyone seemed to interact well and the kids got along well too. Ava was all over the place playing with everyone, saying "hi" to everyone, trying to drink out of everybody's water bottles. LOL One of the ladies who is pregnant with her first child even commented on how independent she is. I am pretty sure I could've left her for the two hours and she never would've missed me, she was having such a good time. In fact, we split up into groups for part of the meeting so I went to a different part of the room. Since she was playing happily at the little toy kitchen, I decided to leave her be, expecting to hear her cry after a few minutes wondering where I was. Nope. She was happy as a clam. She's always amazing me. (Speaking of amazing, she peed in the potty again yesterday.)

I think we (the advisory committee) are all relieved that the first meeting is over with and was well-received. We have meetings and speakers planned for October and November, and will do a holiday social event in December (which is the next big thing we have to plan). And we also have to start thinking about what topics we will feature and who we will have as speakers for our meetings next year.

The other good news is that I found out two (more) of my friends are pregnant with their second child! They are due within a week of each other. There must be something in the water lately. ;o) Anyway, I'm very happy for them (and will live vicariously through them and another pg friend in the group) since Jody and I don't plan to start trying again anytime soon. Congratulations Brandy and Julie!! :-)

4 Comments:

At 9/14/2005 5:37 PM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

Congrats on a wonderful meeting. Before you know it, your little lady, Ava, will be running the meetings and serving refreshments :)

 
At 9/14/2005 9:45 PM, Blogger Ms. Doe said...

Well, at least you guys can have fun pretend "trying!" (Or does the ! go outside the quotes?) That always throws me! :)

 
At 9/14/2005 11:22 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

awesome...i am so glad that the meeting went well... :)

peace...

 
At 9/15/2005 9:16 AM, Blogger halloweenlover said...

What a big girl! I can't believe she is so independent!

3 of our friends announced that they were pregnant and all due within a week of each other. It was a little nutty! We live vicariously through them too. I suspect they will be onto their second children before we have our first.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home